Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AX information
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chikenfajita
hello, i would really like to take my 914 autocrossing some day but i dont know where, how or what requirements i need to do so. could anybody explain it or something. i live in san diego, so if anybody knows of anything going on over here please inform me. driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif party.gif
kermit
Visit your local PCA region website, there should be plenty of info. I believe the San Diego region is pretty active with events at the football stadium parking lot(Qualcom/Jack Murphy??)

Or see what the SCCA provides in your area.

As far as requirements, its quite minimal. Just a helmet and a car in decent condition.

As you do a few events and start to meet other autocrossers, THEN there is plenty to learn and talk about. But at this point, I suggest that you "just do it" and see if you like it. Good luck.
chikenfajita
i did that. the problem is that im 16 and i believe i have to be 18 to join the pca party.gif
Britain Smith
Yea...they did that shit to me when I tried to join back in Dallas. I probably knew more than the majority of those guys but hey, I was only 16 so they gave me shit. I didn't even want to be involved in the driving events, just attend the tech meetings and get info.

-Britain
VegasRacer
San Diego Region SCCA

San Diego PCA
Jack Miller, the TT / DE Chairman, is a long time friend of mine.
Use my name and ask him for help if you have any problems.
GaroldShaffer
You can drive at a SCCA AX at 16, you just have your parent(s) sign the minor release wavier. You don't need a helmet, most region I been to have a loaner helmets you can use.
kermit
QUOTE(chikenfajita @ Dec 1 2004, 11:21 PM)
i did that. the problem is that im 16 and i believe i have to be 18 to join the pca party.gif

So NOW you give us the whole story!

Just so you know - technically you don't have to be a member of PCA to participate in their events (kinda strange huh?)

In our region, we recently lowered the age from 18 to 16, but you do have to have a driver's license and you have to have a release form signed by BOTH parents. That's it. Hopefully the San Diego region has a similar program, since we all buy insurance through the same policy.
Joe Ricard
So now that you are out of excuses go out and AX that thing.
Tech inspection maybe the only thing that stops you now. Everytime I go the guy grabs the steering wheel and yanks the crap out of it. tries to shake both front wheels, put both hands on the battery and tries to yank it out. Inspects my helmet checks that ALL the crap is out of the car. Tries to put his foot through the floor via the brake pedal.

Never had a kick back yet. I do all this stuff on Saturday so there are no suprises.
URY914
Did you get your door open?
Sammy
Yup, Jack murphy/qualcomm is the king of PCA AX around here, i think they have one about twice a week or so wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.