Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Voltage Regulator
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chads74
Is there a way to test the voltage regulator to see if it is still good? I had my alternator tested and its good, so I am left scratching my head.
GeorgeRud
I know that there is a way to test them, as an old electrical rebuilder in my area tested and adjusted mine years ago. I think most folks just simply replace them.

Have you checked the voltage at the battery with the engine off and when running? Is your alternator light staying on?
chads74
I am just getting started with the problem, but didn't really know where to start. I'll see where the volts are sitting.
Drums66
.....If a rebuilder can fix them(alternator),he can test them(VR)
there's a plug-in connector on the machine idea.gif
bye1.gif
chads74
I found one here locally so I am just going to pick up a new one so I know for sure its good. But I will keep that in mind for the future
r_towle
Aside from doing its job, regulating the voltage, its always been a go nogo thing for me.

Either it works or it does not.

If you check voltage at the battery with the car running, it should be 14VDC or somewhere in that range.

Then you know the charging system is clean and working properly.
The VR wont do its job kinda...for me it works or it does not.

A weak charging system is typically due to bad ground connections or a weak battery.

rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.