Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Richmond, VA transmission rebuild clinic in Sept?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
Any interest in another clinic done at Scotty's shop? Dates are currently flexible so let me know availability and interest.
scotty b
early. I can't do the last week of Sept or first of Oct.
Dr Evil
So sayith the MC
DRPHIL914
I will be the first to say "probably" if the dates workout . I have an extra given to me by a guy from our local club, had not torn into it yet to see how it is. its a side shift, pretty clean.
He had aquired it for his McClarren when he was going to put a porsche /6 in it but changed to the 905 box? i think and an LS1 engine. so anyway was a freebe, but might as well rebuild it!

Drphil
mepstein
Probably for me. I want to do the tail shifter in little red as well as a spare side shifter I have sitting around
BajaXJ92
idea.gif
bembry
I'd like to come by if I can swing it!
bulitt
Well I haven't installed the last trans I rebuilt. Some day. But I may drop by and help, never did get a shop tour, and may drop off some FG flares for Scott to paint? confused24.gif

And visit with Scotts dog Kudzu. shades.gif

And check out the Tranny Wagin.

Or just take a nap.... yellowsleep[1].gif

It all happens when it happens biggrin.gif
914rat
Hmmmm , If my schedule permits . It's close for me if I can get the whole weekend off .
type47
hopefully it's the 14th (9/14!) or 21st
Mblizzard
Ok I am in for any week other than the 28th
Gary
Still have the rebuild from Jake's clinic in WA - when was that, 3 years ago?? evilgrin.gif

I do have a spare side shifter on the shelf; should rebuild or sell to someone who can put it to use.
Dr Evil
How many are actual builders, not just looky-loos?
Mblizzard
I will likely build. Not sure how much is wrong but it I am sure it needs something.
shawn914
I would be on the build list, if the dates work out.
Thanks
Shawn
mepstein
Just trying to decide if i have the motivation to drop the engine again since the car is basically running ok. I know, not your problem but for me, it's a lot of work and downtime.
bob
I'd be in for a build....

-bob
Dr Evil
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 7 2013, 10:11 AM) *

Just trying to decide if i have the motivation to drop the engine again since the car is basically running ok. I know, not your problem but for me, it's a lot of work and downtime.

No need to drop the whole engine. I never drop the engine to remove the tranz confused24.gif Search for info here on how to do it, it ihas been covered. smile.gif
Dr Evil
For those of you on the fence about building, how can I entice you to commit? I need a big turn out for this clinic as it will be the last for a while on this coast. The next one on the East Coast will be in FL at Joe's shop.....but it is not planned yet.
BajaXJ92
I wonder if Bo wants to build that tranny out of my old V8 car?

Maybe shoot him a PM? confused24.gif
Dr Evil
Already done it.
type47
build...
914rat
I will try to get coverage at work once a date is set .I would build at least 1 maybe 2. How much is the clinic ?
bulitt
He used to charge 300$, but now he has to pay for diapers, lots and lots of diapers. stromberg.gif
VaccaRabite
Depending on the weekend chosen, I'd come down to spectate. Maybe even drive my 914...

Zach
BajaXJ92
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jul 10 2013, 02:49 PM) *

Depending on the weekend chosen, I'd come down to spectate. Maybe even drive my 914...

Zach

I'm quoting the fact that you said that you'll be driving your 914, but I doubt that will end up mattering, considering you have the power to edit my post. dry.gif
SUNAB914
I'd like to come by, drink beer and give Dr Evil a hard time.
scotty b
QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Jul 11 2013, 09:14 AM) *

I'd like to come by, drink beer and give Dr Evil a hard time.

Sorry this event is for 914 owners only. dry.gif I know where some of the kids will be with their civics if you're looking for something to do that day .......
plas76targa
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jul 10 2013, 10:49 AM) *

Zach

Zach, if your 914 isn't ready you can drive mine. We spectate or get in the way. Maybe Scott can give us something to do with that '76 POS 911 in his shop. the gold one.
VaccaRabite
Good. One way or another I'll be driving a 914!
lol
Zach
914itis
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jul 10 2013, 02:49 PM) *

Zach

av-943.gif laugh.gif
SUNAB914
Damn, where's the love Scotty.
mepstein
I'm out. sorry.
Mblizzard
Has a date been picked for this?
Dr Evil
It is looking like this is a no go. I can do this later if we can get more people.
type47
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 23 2013, 05:24 PM) *

I can do this later if we can get more people.

Here will be a group of interested people happy11.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=214034

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.