Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone know this car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Mugs914
I found these pics on the net a few years ago, and aside from the fact that it runs in SCCA F-Production, and was apparently driven by Les Handly I know nothing about it.

Looks like it has some cool features. If anyone has more pics of this thing I'd love to see 'em!

Check out the oil coolers under the bumper. I'd be a bit worried about stone damage. there must be some kind of duct or heavy screen in front of those things.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Nice looking car...
Randal
QUOTE(Mugs914 @ Jul 2 2013, 08:32 AM) *

I found these pics on the net a few years ago, and aside from the fact that it runs in SCCA F-Production, and was apparently driven by Les Handly I know nothing about it.

Looks like it has some cool features. If anyone has more pics of this thing I'd love to see 'em!

Check out the oil coolers under the bumper. I'd be a bit worried about stone damage. there must be some kind of duct or heavy screen in front of those things.

Nice looking car...

Really nice fabrication work everywhere on that car. And a proper cage. biggrin.gif
ChrisFoley
What's to know?
Its been a race car ever since it was imported.
Well built, but could use some updates to be more competetive in F Prod.
Les still owns and drives it.
He lives in central PA and is a friend of Steve Limbert.
Mugs914
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jul 2 2013, 09:48 AM) *

What's to know?

I dunno, that was the point in asking! biggrin.gif

I've just had the pic a while and have never seen any other shots of the car. I didn't expect any demon tweaks or anything, I just like the look of the thing and like to see how others have done things.
r_towle
Very cool wheels
ChrisFoley
Here's a pic from the 2003 Summit Point National.
Click to view attachment

Les was usually pretty competetive at Pocono, Watkins Glen, and Summit Point.
The car would be very good in vintage racing.

I believe the center exit exhaust is an uber expensive handbuilt piece made by Dave Finch.

I sold him a Mallory distributor a couple years ago.
That's probably the only update the car's had in 25 years.
URY914
Click to view attachment
URY914
Click to view attachment
URY914
Click to view attachment
URY914
Click to view attachment
URY914
All shots above taken at Rennsport Reunion III at Daytona by me.
chfrank
Does anyone know what happened to this car?
mgp4591
I'd be interested in where the flares came from- nice and neat, following the body lines great and stuffin' big ol' meats under there! aktion035.gif
ChrisFoley
AFAIK Les still has the car and is probably only racing at selected vintage events.
The front flares are steel I think.
Steve Limbert (Aircooled Racing & Parts) makes the rear flares.
Thorshammer
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ May 6 2014, 04:47 AM) *

AFAIK Les still has the car and is probably only racing at selected vintage events.

Walter "Les" Handley passed away September 11, 2013, at the young age of 70. The car is now owned by Steve Limbert of Air Cooled Racing.
Andyrew
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ May 6 2014, 05:47 AM) *

The rear flares look like Bontempi flares to me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.