Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Very nice V-8 conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ninefourteener
I was really impressed with this one. Even the purists have to appreciate this one..... or at least appreciate the work that went into it. The only reason I posted it is because it isn't posted in the 914 section..... I stumbled onto it by accident.

13X17 rear wheels? Holy crap!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...6&category=7251

Matt
Kerrys914
ohmy.gif

Nice BUT what is with this wheel........Benetton....Not my taste icon8.gif barf.gif
914helo
What's up with that rainbow steering wheel? icon8.gif barf.gif
Root_Werks
It is a very nice looking conversion. Not my cup of tea though as it doesn't look much like a 914 anymore, but still a very nicely done conversion. smile.gif
ninefourteener
QUOTE(914helo @ Dec 2 2004, 07:30 AM)
What's up with that rainbow steering wheel? icon8.gif barf.gif

I couldn't help but think of the Jamaican movie "Cool Runnings" when I saw it biggrin.gif
Kerrys914
I bet you loose a lot of HP turning those wheels ohmy.gif I love a deep dish wheel but WOW is right
Quebecer
Looks like very nice work.
Lots of money invested, but the Ferrari-type bodywork is definitely not my taste.

Yellow does look fast though!
seanery
If I had the dough I'd buy it!
I usually don't like body kits, but it sure would be fun at the track! driving.gif
Jeroen
IIRC there is someone here who was building something very similar
(yellow testarossa bodykit) maybe it's the same guy?
He posted pics of it in the "what does your 914 look like" thread

Not quite my taste, but it looks like a quality job
Quebecer
I like the 911-type dash though.

Well done! aktion035.gif
neo914-6
What's up with that rainbow steering wheel?

It's Benetton fashion. I believe they made jackets and purses with these colors. If I recall a race team used it as well, ala the MOMO wheel.

At least the owner didn't use all the colors. laugh.gif The workmanship is great and carrying the yellow color throughout the body is admirable. The mechanics were not as thorough.
FIVE LUG BOLT PATTERN ROTOR KIT
This does not indicate 911/914-6 suspension/brakes.
CORVETTE ALUMINUM HEADS

Not the best choice for heads
HOWE ALUMINUM RADIATOR

Not the best choice but ok if it works...
SHORT SHIFT KIT INSTALLED

No mention of a tall geared 901/914 or 915/930 tranny...hope it's not the '70 tail shifter.

I know the professional work set the sale price but I would expect more for $22k.

Felix
Mike D.
ohmy.gif that interior looks like most of my 1 yr. old daughters toy's. Do you think horn plays nursry rhymes? biggrin.gif
neo914-6
Benetton was an F1 sponsor...
94teener
The good worksmanship is wasted on a distinctly ugly body design. The same worksmanship on a car like the pic. below, would really be something, at least to my mind.

Phil
BIGKAT_83
Someones done alot of work. If you go to the website theres more pictures. The headers look like they were special built and do some kind of cross over from one side of the engine to the other. I sure would like to see some full pictures of them.
But it does look like it has the stock unvented rotors I don't think there 911 stuff.

I like it maybe yellow is faster.

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Brad Roberts
If anyone is interested... I have this exact body kit still in the crate. 1000$ plus shipping.

This *might* be Andy Leaneys old Renegade Hybrids shop car (or a damn good clone of his). It appears that is was Ca. smog legal at one point (nobody uses those headers or that carb unless they are trying to smog it)

B
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Dec 2 2004, 04:57 PM)

This *might* be Andy Leaneys old Renegade Hybrids shop car (or a damn good clone of his). It appears that is was Ca. smog legal at one point (nobody uses those headers or that carb unless they are trying to smog it)

B

This is Andys old car. Its in Atlanta now and owned by Gary.

They do look alike.
boxstr
At the bottom of the pics, click on " view more details and photos" more color under the front hood.

Michael Schumacher raced with Benneton.
CCLINEBAYV8
tommy914
What's the red heater control lever for?
neo914-6
This guy fabricated some nice details. Notice the flush tail lights, not the recessed 914 tail lights you see on the ex-Renegade car? He also smoothed out the rocker panel "kink". He also made all the intakes and vents functional. The problem with this kit is you know it is a copy of the Testarossa fenders so you know it's "missing" something (the horizontal slats).
Steve
Its a beautiful looking car, but for $22k I would expect a 916 trans and four piston calipers all the way around.
It looks like wimpy stock brakes and stock trans.
Steering wheel definetly has to go!!

I am also not very fond of fiberglass bodies for the street.
Mike D.
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Dec 2 2004, 03:33 PM)
The headers look like they were special built and do some kind of cross over from one side of the engine to the other. I sure would like to see some full pictures of them.

The two from one side and two from the other headers were designed by a Pantera guy several year back. It creates a truely balenced exhaust pulse. Don't know about HP, but it turns the Chevy rumble (raketa-raketa-raketa) into a smooth hum. (roll your r's)
shawnhayes
It's kinda ugly. Might be great craftsmanship and engineering, but just kinda ugly. Unfortunate.

Shawn
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.