Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unexplained Phenomenon
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
I know this sounds crazy but all I did was put some Valvoline fuel injector cleaner in last week and the 914 runs much better. I also use 100% gas too.

It was not running bad before putting it in but now it idles to 800 much quicker after the AAR adjusts. Usually took a couple of miles to adjust now it adjusts before getting out of the subdivision! Before started at 1400 then down to 800, now starts at 1100 then to 800.

I had the injectors inspected, tested, and cleaned 18 months ago by Witchunter. I guess I have less than 3000 miles on the injectors.

Go figure but I am not complaining!
r_towle
Every time I had to pass the massachusetts emissions test with my 93 Eurovan it would fail.
I found trektron FI cleaner, put in two bottles, drove the car 20 miles, car passed with flying colors.
Every year, never failed again.

76-914
Did it just get warmer there?
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 2 2013, 11:52 PM) *

Did it just get warmer there?

No, it has been warm since mid-May.
Drums66
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jul 2 2013, 05:29 PM) *

Every time I had to pass the massachusetts emissions test with my 93 Eurovan it would fail.
I found trektron FI cleaner, put in two bottles, drove the car 20 miles, car passed with flying colors.
Every year, never failed again.

....I'm a fan of techron myself!! thumb3d.gif
bye1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.