Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ...and then there are the professionals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
grantsfo
in car Video of Loeb. I could tell from helicopter video he is one of smoother drivers around but in car is a testament to his craft. Damn hardly any corrections, carrying huge speed off turns. He's my hill climbing idle after Georg Plasa ...God rest his hill climbing soul.

Loeb makes most of us look like hacks. He is the most efficient hill climb driver I have seen behind the wheel. To drive lines he did was just incredible to watch. Very few miscalculations.

http://youtu.be/b1wpqAZO17Y
SirAndy
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Jul 2 2013, 07:10 PM) *
and then there are the professionals

They always make it look so easy ... biggrin.gif
Randal
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 2 2013, 07:46 PM) *

QUOTE(grantsfo @ Jul 2 2013, 07:10 PM) *
and then there are the professionals

They always make it look so easy ... biggrin.gif

+1

yeahmag
After watching him for years in WRC I'm convinced he's not human.
J P Stein
I read an article by some journalist riding on a practice section with Loeb.
He asked Loeb if he drove the same way in a rally.
The answer (paraphrased) ....."Oh no. This is a known section of road and one can drive as fast as one likes. In a rally, I drive at about 80%."

I assume he did Pike's Peak at 80 %. blink.gif
Madswede
Very impressive.
naro914
what amazed me the first time I watch this was all the fans right up to the road. In the USA?? Seriously? We allow that??? where are all the lawyers and insurance agents?

Who knew?

oh yeah, the guys amazing...but we all knew that!
Randal

I believe driving a hill is more complicated than driving a track. The complication comes from crowned roads. As you get faster and make adjustments to your line you immediately run into a different camber situations. In particular off camber turns.

And to make it worst sometimes you run into these situation on the exit, literally going from on camber to off. Scary stuff really.

Watching Loeb drive up Pikes Peak is magic. He doesn't even seem to notice the crazy changes in road camber, it's like he's immune to the forces the rest of us struggle to get right.

I'd love to get a ride with him in a rally car. The learning experience would be priceless.
zymurgist
driving.gif thumb3d.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.