Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat Covers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ericread
Does anybody know where I can get some seat covers for my 74 914 that don't look dorky? My existing seat covers look just like the original seat material, but it seems as though these are no longer available. And of course, they’re wearing out.

I'm not looking for a reupholster kit. Just seat covers

Anybody used Wet Okola covers? I believe they're made out of the same stuff as wetsuits, but form the pictures they look bulky and hot to sit on.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Eric Read
SoCal
ericread
Anybody? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
914werke
I bought a set of of cloth covers from George a LONG time ago.
They were black cloth with piping & a printed PORSCHE script at shoulder level.
Pretty nice quality & fit well
Not sure if they are still available.
pt_700
i'd take 'em to a local upholstery shop and see if they can't whip up something to fit.

my bottom's are covered with some i found on a poor pick & pull teener. yay! they no longer shed foam bits!

pretty simple, if i were more handy with my antique sewing machine, i might try myself.
ericread
QUOTE(pt_700 @ Jul 3 2013, 12:06 PM) *

i'd take 'em to a local upholstery shop and see if they can't whip up something to fit.

my bottom's are covered with some i found on a poor pick & pull teener. yay! they no longer shed foam bits!

pretty simple, if i were more handy with my antique sewing machine, i might try myself.

That must make your bottom pretty sore... smile.gif
Robert21
Just take it to upholstery place they will do anything you want. Just takes money.
partwerks
I checked in with a upholstery guy that is retired, and he quoted me $60.00 for each cushion to do them, with or without pleats. The rest of the seat has pleats, but not sure if I want pleats, so that they don't have a reason to split apart again, but then it would not match the rest of the seat. I can't even find upholstery kits that cheap, and so I am going to have them done. I'm getting tired of looking at them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.