Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: fuel tank felt pad - the one on the back of the passenger side
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Brian_Boss
I'm sure I could cobble something up but I thought I would check if somebody has one lying around.

Thanks,
Brian
gcrotvik
QUOTE(Brian_Boss @ Jul 3 2013, 10:32 AM) *

I'm sure I could cobble something up but I thought I would check if somebody has one lying around.

Thanks,
Brian

Hi Brian,

Several months back I looked for the same pads. You may be able to find some used but the OE parts are NLA from Porsche. Most will tell you to use a piece of wool carpet but I found that thought disturbing. I was able to find and order felt padding from a vendor on eBay. A 12 x 12 x 3/16" piece of felt was only $11.00 + shipping.

Here is the link if you are intertested:

F10 FELT WITH ADHESIVE 12" X 12" SQUARE - 3/16" THICK

http://www.ebay.com/itm/F10-FELT-PLAIN-12-...1b#ht_898wt_968

Cheers,

Greg
Mr.242
I replaced mine with rubber strips. I've got extra if you'd like me to ship you a piece. I think I have about a foot remaining of the stuff. I measured the felt for thickness and bought a similar replacement that won't crush like felt or carpeting.

Don't do neoprene, it holds moisture. PM me your info. I can drop a chunk in the mail.
Harpo
I also used closed cell medium durrometer foam
tweet
Hello Brian,
When I removed the fuel tank from the '76 2.0L, guess what was there instead of the felt? Carpet remnants from the factory. It had three different color rectangular pieces, no felt. The only felt was on the gas tank straps. It was the last year of production, as everyone knows, and VW/Porsche went crazy cutting corners. I have them up on my free items post. You can have them for the cost of shipping, if you would like them.
-dan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.