Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is the best way to attach carpet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tornik550
I purchased my car as an auto x car. It was very stripped. It has never had carpet since I got it. I will most likely not be racing it competitively so I figured that I would put carpet back in. I have a nice set of carpet. How do I attach the carpet? Does it glue in or just lay in place?
JawjaPorsche
I glued the longs but nothing else. Just me. Used Loctite Spray Adhesive. Got it at Home Depot.

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/14/17/a_c...ay-Adhesive.htm
brant
nail gun with 3 and a quarter inch framing nails.
Harpo
I used 3M spray adhesive that is available at your FLAPs

David
walterolin
QUOTE(brant @ Jul 3 2013, 04:35 PM) *

Over kill on the 3.5 framing nails. Roofing nails might hold better with the wider head.
r_towle
QUOTE(walterolin @ Jul 3 2013, 05:30 PM) *

Over kill on the 3.5 framing nails. Roofing nails might hold better with the wider head.

Weight issue, use aluminum
balljoint
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jul 3 2013, 07:18 PM) *

QUOTE(walterolin @ Jul 3 2013, 05:30 PM) *

Weight issue, use aluminum

You guys are hilarious.

But anyone who seriously wants to hold down a rug uses this:

Click to view attachment

Just ask Eric "Cueball" Shea.
Porsche930dude
i did a jeep once with the spray adhesive just the cheap stuff. it lasted a while but its been loosing its hold. On the 914 i used contact cement pretty much everywhere except the front feet area. it went well but dont expect to pull it up without damage
walterolin
To be serious for a moment, I found a thread at the Pelican site which might be of help: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...inside-car.html

That's some nasty looking stuff in those little bottles, Dave. Looks like some under handed Yank repackaged some super glue and pawned it off on the Canucks.

It is! I just read the fine print on the label.
Drums66
.....If it will just lay there?do that!(better for in&out service) idea.gif
bye1.gif But.....do what you like!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.