Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 hardware, fasteners.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
94teener
While looking for a particular bolt last night, I got carried away and started sorting out pieces that are peculiar to the 914. Here's a few pics.

How many different pieces do you recognize? I think I remember where all of these parts go, except one.

I noticed that I have ten streering wheel retaining nuts but only 5 wavey washers. The nuts undoubtably represent the number of teeners I have stripped in the past years. I still have two more 74 cars awaiting my stripping for several months now.

Any body need one of these little thingies, let me know. I mail it to you without any charge for the part or mailing. I there is one aluminum part in the spread that
I will want to keep.

Phil
94teener
Pic. 2 of 3.
94teener
Pic. 3 of 3.
94teener
Ooops! Wrong pic.
Joe Ricard
I did pretty good except for the washer with a flat gound into it. Although I think I made one like this on the bumper bolts.

I use the plastic coffee cans (the new kind) I also give them all a spray with some kind of oil. PB blaster seems to work but not as good and regular motor oil.
Down here shit will rust over night if left out on the work bench.

Speaking of that I need to fix the rusty spot I only noticed in the new picture of my car. Crap!!!!
Allan
Not sure where everything goes except the cat and that's anywhere it wants.
xsboost90
i think im gonna need some pressure plate bolts, not sure if they came w/ the new motor or not...my old ones left on my old motor last nite.
John
I believe I recognize all those parts except 1.

What is that bent wire retainer for? I don't recognize it.
MarkV
I need the spring for the drivers door interior pocket. I have tried to find one from the hardware store with no luck. I don't even know what the original looks like.
type47
i need some seat belt bolts and the flap that goes on the bottom of the cooling housing biggrin.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(JOHNMAN @ Dec 2 2004, 12:28 PM)

Return spring on the turn signal stalk - you have to bust yours to get to it.
Root_Werks
Pretty freaky, but I pretty much got all of them. There were a couple of washers that look like they could fit a few things though. But I have probably all that stuff in a couple of cans myself. laugh.gif
Mike D.
Ooo...Ooo! I need one of those clutch cable retainers, mine is being held in place right now with a zip tie!
-Mike D.
94teener
Mark: I don't have an extra driver's pocket spring but I will find mine and post a
pic. for your reference.

Type47: How many seat belt bolts do you need. PM with your address.

Mike D: PM me with your address.

Phil
morph
QUOTE(JOHNMAN @ Dec 2 2004, 11:28 AM)

agree.gif you pull apart enough 914s you can identify parts and bolts by just looking at them but i have no idea where the bent wire retainer goes
MarkV
QUOTE(94teener @ Dec 2 2004, 02:14 PM)
Mark: I don't have an extra driver's pocket spring but I will find mine and post a
pic. for your reference.

Phil

Thanks!
John
Return spring on the turn signal stalk - you have to bust yours to get to it.

Thanks.

Ooo...Ooo! I need one of those clutch cable retainers, mine is being held in place right now with a zip tie!
Me too!

I would also like the "other"end of the clutch cable (clevis & pin). Thanks.
SLITS
QUOTE(morphenspectra @ Dec 2 2004, 03:26 PM)
QUOTE(JOHNMAN @ Dec 2 2004, 11:28 AM)

What is that bent wire retainer for?  I don't recognize it.

agree.gif you pull apart enough 914s you can identify parts and bolts by just looking at them but i have no idea where the bent wire retainer goes

Ok, commit this to memory!!!!!!

IPB Image
Carlitos Way
I could use a little grab bag of assorted nuts and bolts. ANything from the bolts and plates to hold down the seats to larger nuts and bolts to secure the doors to the hinges. My car is rather incomplete in this aspect.

LEt me know how much to ship.

Thanks,

Carlos
94teener
Mark V.:

Here are pics. of the flaper spring, part of the driver's side pocket. If you don't have one of these, you can probably find the correct spring and make your own.

The spring is 7/16" in diameter.

Phil
94teener
Pic. two of two.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.