Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PNW Breafast and Artist Point Drive
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
NORD
Want to host again a breakfast and Artist Point Drive. Breakfast by Nord and Nate
at 9:14am then a drive up Mt. Baker. chowtime.gif driving.gif

August 10th or 17th, you guys pick the date, the most votes will be the day. Only
two weekends available so chime in and help pick the day.

Greene will be bringing the General if he can get her out of the pool. I have 3 bathes,
two couches, some airbeds if you want to stay and a BBQ to fix dinner and drink.
Large yard to put up a tent or Rich bring the Motorhome but you better tow the
Cream cycle. 242 is bringing his car not the BBQ. Rockey you have to make this one.

Plenty of notice for Elliot to get his car done and leave early
Mr.242
I really want to make this trip. It will all depend on my Physical Therapy status and willingness to sit in my car for a 3+ hour trip. I might have to have a couple rest breaks to work out the back. I'm only good for about 50 minutes in a car right now.

How about we pick the weekend it doesn't rain or isn't 100 degrees. beerchug.gif
Daiberl
I will try to make it, at the moment both weekends would work. Need someone who can help me getting the windshield into the -6 before!
RRietman
N, which weekend is Ron's car show? that might be an issue with some of us.
Randy
NORD

Randy; Ron's show is August 4th, Walkers Swap Meet is August 3rd.

I posted a thread to Ron's Show also. driving.gif
KELTY360
This sounds good to me. At this point either date works so I'll go with the consensus. Guess I better get busy doing my brakes and shocks.
aircooledtechguy
I'll be there,. . . but that was a given.

If you have never made the drive, it is a really a nice twisty drive that is about 100+ miles round trip. Beautiful views (well when you get a chance to take your eyes off the road for a second), fresh air and a good day with friends in your teener.

PeeGreen 914
There is an autocross on the 10th... nothing on the 17th
Rocky
Arrrggg!!! I so wanted to do this Nord!!! I have crap both weekends that I cant get out of, and trust me I would if i could! headbang.gif hissyfit.gif confused24.gif
Rocky
Ok, after setting my brain straight, by the wife, 10th no go but 17th is good. driving.gif beerchug.gif

Marty can't make either though shades.gif
aircooledtechguy
It appears that the 17th may be the day especially with an autoX going on the 10th. . . But I too will defer to the masses. . .
TC 914-8
I would be in for the 17th
NORD

Well lets just hold off till after the long weekend and decide. A lot of people
are out of town for the holiday and Greene has been at the Bar for a week so we should give him and the General a few days to detox. chowtime.gif driving.gif
NORD
I see the Pacific N.W. Region PCA is having thier Mt. Baker run on August 17th.

Do we want all those slow nineewebens in our way? They run the road with SUVs.
NORD
Time to icon_bump.gif this thread. chowtime.gif driving.gif

This will be August 17th and that seemed to be when most were available. Nate and I went up last Wend. to proof the drive, the road is sweet. 6FREAK better make this for a breakin run or we better see a build thread about that project. Last checked and GREENE is still at the bar. We may need an intervention for him, life isn't all left twist caps, there are alot of right turn that need to be driven also. driving.gif

Nord's House cell# 360 961 0593
291 Ten Mile Rd.
Lynden, WA 98264

There is plenty of room if you have a motor home to park or trailer your car and all are welcome to spend the night and drive home next day. Let us know how many so we can plan for food. I've invited a freind with a Mercedes SL to run point so he shoud be getting the tickets. Nord & Nate think of everything so be there. driving.gif

NORD

Are our Canadian freind affraid to come down and play with us? flag.gif

Lets see some of you show up. My house is only 9 miles south of Lynden Crossing down the Guide Meridian.
JRust
QUOTE(NORD @ Aug 6 2013, 08:38 AM) *

Time to icon_bump.gif this thread. chowtime.gif driving.gif
This will be August 17th and that seemed to be when most were available.

Well damn I'll be up there this weekend. Although not in my 914 dry.gif . My son & I are hitting the mariners game saturday night & sunday afternoon. Stopping by 6freaks to check out his new motor on the way up. A drive would have been cool too. I'll have to see if I can swing next weekend. I should have my 914 roadworthy by then idea.gif
PanelBilly
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Jul 3 2013, 07:48 PM) *

I will try to make it, at the moment both weekends would work. Need someone who can help me getting the windshield into the -6 before!

I can come up Wednesday or Friday night
NORD

JRUST; There is a G 35 in the garage if you want to chase the SLR and keep police busy or we can find you a ride. driving.gif chowtime.gif
Mr.242
I've got marching orders to attend a 1st Birthday Party in Portland. Pretty special set of twins.

So I am now out. Sorry. Looks like me joining any 914 gatherings simply isn't in the cards as of late.

Have a blast ! I'm sure I will miss a great time.
sportlicherFahrer
I will more than likely be camping. Put in reservations last month before knowing about this drive. MIGHT be able to convince the better half to go for a drive..... I've always wanted to do this cruise...
Rocky
Im in for sure!!! aktion035.gif sheeplove.gif beerchug.gif Haven't run the thing since WCR driving.gif

What time to meet in the AM...0914?
sixnotfour
Rocky you wont be alone will you ????
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(NORD @ Aug 6 2013, 08:38 AM) *

Nate and I went up last Wend. to proof the drive, the road is sweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qwiPZ3hPMo

Come eat and play with us. . .
Rocky
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Aug 6 2013, 07:59 PM) *

Rocky you wont be alone will you ????

Yes, I know you all would rather have my wife along but alas she must work to support our "hobbies" KMA.gif
6freak
Click to view attachment
Didn`t take many Nord was to busy putting it back together ..Thanks for the invite on the 17th but im already booked
6freak
Click to view attachment
6freak
Click to view attachment
have fun fella`s be safe
Rocky
icon_bump.gif
This needed a little update as its this weekend. So who shall join us for such a spectacular opportunity and wonderful offer by our good friends Nord and Nate???

75 degrees and sunny predicted driving.gif aktion035.gif
NORD
Thanks for the bump Rocky, I was going to get a head count so Nate knows how many pigs he is going to have to slaughter for sausage. I've been going down to the neibors after dark and getting eggs, some have broken so they will be scrambled again. chowtime.gif

So chime in if coming and if your from Canada, email me I need maple syrup.

driving.gif chowtime.gif driving.gif chowtime.gif driving.gif chowtime.gif driving.gif chowtime.gif driving.gif chowtime.gif
KELTY360
Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to make it. Drive safe and have fun. driving.gif
messix
i'll be coming around the mountain......
NORD
The rain is suppose to be gone by Saturday. How many on the fence thinking about it?

driving.gif chowtime.gif driving.gif chowtime.gif driving.gif chowtime.gif driving.gif chowtime.gif driving.gif
greenie

I'm trying like hell to make this, always a lot of fun! chowtime.gif

We have a wedding reception in Snohomish at three with family staying at my house, I'm having a bit of a struggle slipping out. If I can get my brother in law to drive with me I considered it family time so I'll be there.

Nord I'll let you know one way or the other as soon as I figure it out.
914werke
I was informed yesterday the my presence was requested at work. sad.gif
Dasnowman
I would love to go to this but my car is in a couple hundred pieces.
NORD
QUOTE(Dasnowman @ Aug 15 2013, 02:39 PM) *

What is your daily driver? Can it make it up the mountain? driving.gif
messix
nord I should be up there about 9am and I will have a empty seat'

if any one wants a ride..... [ must be able to enjoy sustained "spirited driving"] i'm leaving millcreek Everett area at 7:30 ish.
Dasnowman
QUOTE(NORD @ Aug 15 2013, 03:45 PM) *

QUOTE(Dasnowman @ Aug 15 2013, 02:39 PM) *

What is your daily driver? Can it make it up the mountain? driving.gif

lol yes both the wife's escape and my Frontier can make it but not a fun spirited drive either way. I would have ask to jump in with some one as I have yet to sit in a self moving 914! lol But I already agreed to take my son to one of his friends B-day parties.

I do how ever drive down that way and hit Dickey's BBQ on the way to the in laws cabin at Lake Whatcom and would love to see your car and talk shop on one friday night on the way down. smile.gif

I wonder is speed metal army knows about this as he is a fellow teener up here in Canada.

anYONE GOING TO THE 22nd GCVWS UP IN Vancouver next weekend?
NORD

For all that are driving up to Lynden Saturday, The Lynden fair is happening this week and I want to advise you all to do the speed limit on Hanigan Rd. and the Guide Meridian, HWY 539 as the Troopers are working both roads.
JRust
I was hoping to make it but my car isn't ready. I'll be spending saturday working on it though biggrin.gif . So hopefully by the end of the day I can drive it
messix
QUOTE(NORD @ Aug 16 2013, 01:45 PM) *

For all that are driving up to Lynden Saturday, The Lynden fair is happening this week and I want to advise you all to do the speed limit on Hanigan Rd. and the Guide Meridian, HWY 539 as the Troopers are working both roads.

Damn troopers.... shades.gif
Rocky
Im in but the weather looks to be quite iffy for sure blink.gif
NORD

No rain, lets go.

I just checked radar, some clouds and blue sky. driving.gif chowtime.gif
messix
QUOTE(NORD @ Aug 17 2013, 06:43 AM) *

No rain, lets go.

I just checked radar, some clouds and blue sky. driving.gif chowtime.gif

I'll be leaving in 30min
NORD
Greene WTF.gif

Were leaving without you.
mightyohm
Have fun, guys. I always find out about these drives too late, just hours too late in this case. confused24.gif
NORD
Pictures
volvodude17
Thanks Nord for putting this together, I had a great time.
chris
Rocky
Just got back home, 380 miles total! I5 sucked, but the rest of the drive was epic!

Thanks Nord for everything!!!

Troy probably needs to change his undies av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.