Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need to Fix Electrical Short Problem!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
samuelmaxton
Hello,

1973 914 1.7

I am having an issue where the right turn signal stays on whenever the the right park light is on (park light = front side light). When I remove fuse 6 (right park light) the right turn signal will not light unless i am actually turning right and it behaves correctly. There is a short somewhere between these two lights and, because they are so close in proximity, might that indicate where the possible short is?

Any thoughts or advice in finding/troubleshooting further?

Thanks smile.gif
Spoke
welcome.png

First course of action would be to remove both lamps and inspect the sockets. Then look behind the sockets at the wiring.

With the lights off and the right turn signal on, does the side marker blink?
TheCabinetmaker
"the right turn signal will not light unless i am actually turning right and it behaves correctly"

please elaborate.
dlee6204
QUOTE(Spoke @ Jul 4 2013, 10:01 AM) *

First course of action would be to remove both lamps and inspect the sockets. Then look behind the sockets at the wiring.

agree.gif This is where I would start.
samuelmaxton
QUOTE(Spoke @ Jul 4 2013, 10:01 AM) *

welcome.png

With the lights off and the right turn signal on, does the side marker blink?

I will try this! I do not believe the side marker light blinks when the turn signal is active but I will confirm this. Nice thinking smile.gif
rick 918-S
welcome.png Could have the incorrect bulb in the socket. agree.gif with the other guys. Start there then check to see if there is a wiring hack someplace.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.