Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Need 356 Door Hinge Template
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
I tried to find this info, but Google isn't having any luck. Anyone got a 356 apart that they can take some measurements off of?

I'm restoring this 1966 C and the door mount brackets are trashed (by some previous repairer). I'd like to make new ones, but I can't seem to find a picture of what they should look like to estimate the hole size/shape.

Pictures would help, measurements would be even better. help.gif
JmuRiz
Scotty has a 356C in his shop (I think it's being finished up and still there). If he can't get you a paper pattern, let me know and I can trace my '64. Just let me know after you try Scotty.

Only thing is my car and the one he's working on have the doors hung.
scotty b
I get you pics measurements in a few hours. I'm neck deep in M3 repairs right now that have to be done today dry.gif
Jake Raby
I just finished putting my 64C Outlaw back together. I have some extra pieces that might help you, though.

IPB Image
euro911
Nice, Jake thumb3d.gif

What engine is going in it?
JmuRiz
Probably some small low hp type 1 biggrin.gif
Btw love that color combo!
Harpo
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jul 4 2013, 12:03 PM) *

I just finished putting my 64C Outlaw back together. I have some extra pieces that might help you, though.

IPB Image

Very nice Jake
Jake Raby
2.6L T4 making 220HP. It's outfitted with the very first set of LN Nickies ever made.
scotty b
Let me know if you need anything more. I can also make a template from it if you need. I have those blueprints printed out for you and Rick. I just need to get my ass to the p.o. and ship them slap.gif
scotty b
Few more with a wooden ruler. I used 2" as the reference as the end of the ruler is fudged up
Dr Evil
Scooter, you can not be a finger/hand model.
McMark
AWESOME! first.gif smiley_notworthy.gif Above and beyond. This is gonna be easy. Now I just wish I had a CNC plasma cutter and I could just draw it on my computer and 'print' it in 10 minutes. dry.gif

Looks like the 'rear' on those is enclosed as well. Someone cut out that whole section for some reason.

Can you take a quick snap of the nut-plate? Curious if mine or OE or handmade.
r_towle
It is handmade and OEM. smile.gif

There is some weird geometry, worse than the 914 to get the doors right.
It can take a few hours to get it mint.
There are door shims available if you look at Stoddards or other 356 vendors...the shims come in different thickness also...

The up down dremel work that was done on the hinge plates previously might mean your chassis is sagging.
They sag near the rear of the door...
They also sag at the fender from basic rot...which you will find or are fixing now.

There is a small triangle patch piece where the long connects to the floor/rear seat...
Near the floor.
Pull the piece out and fix the rust you cannot see underneath...
Then put the piece back....

I do this all with the car on long 4*4,s to keep the chassis straight...
Seems to like to sag at that point.

rich
scotty b
note that the nut plate is a rectangle. The nuts are not in an even square pattern.
McMark
Thank you all! This makes my life much easier. boldblue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.