Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What were the latest features/improvements/options
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
neo914-6
I know there was rear window defrost, DOT bumpers, what else? Anyone know of features that didn't make it to production?
914werke
less power and fugly bumbers ohmy.gif ar15.gif
Demick
smog equipment and funky heat exchangers

On the good side, a fuel pump under the gas tank where it won't get hot.
Sammy
Rear window defrost? I thot that was just to keep yer hands warm while you're pushin it wink.gif
East coaster
Rear defrost was an old option. I had it on a '71 I had and it was stock. One difference I noted on my '76 was all black heat/defrost controls (ie: no chrome trim surround).
Dave_Darling
The only difference I can recall between the 75 and 76 cars was that the "914 2.0" badge on the 76es was a sticker, not a plastic badge. (Was metal on 914s up through ~73 or so.) According to Charlie Davis' 914 paint color listing (sorry, McMark, I don't have your website's URL handy) the Viper Green Metallic color was a 76-only option.

--DD
Gustl
one more difference: the 1.8 was no longer availabel
qa1142
I think the last one was the 928s motor added last year!
laugh.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Gustl B @ Dec 3 2004, 02:05 PM)
one more difference: the 1.8 was no longer availabel

Probably, but I haven't seen anything completely definitive on that subject. I recall seeing a listing for "EC" code engines going with 76 model-year cars, for instance. No specific engine numbers (for most years there were no specific numbers) but it implied there were at least some. And a local guy claims that the 914 he used to own was a 76 1.8 liter and was originally that. But no proof, sadly.

--DD
Gustl
Hi Dave, the 1976 sales brochure shows only the 2.0

IPB Image
rick 918-S
QUOTE(qa1142 @ Dec 3 2004, 02:20 PM)
I think the last one was the 928s motor added last year!
laugh.gif

lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif
Gustl
"the big one" (prestige sales brochure, 1976) shows info only on the 2.0, too

regarding the flared 1975 914-6 I'd say everything is possible, but I'd say officialy there was only the 2.0 available in 1976 ...

Gustl
Bleyseng
I have seen the engine code data that DD has seen and it lists "EC" cars which IIRC has under a 100.
Got the 76 brochure also and owners manual.

Geoff
Steve
I thought the 76 also had bumperettes on the big black bumpers.
Maltese Falcon
Felix, I remember seeing bumper-mounted headlight squirters on a '76 once. I think that the rear 914 logo also went from a badge to a sticker (?)
McMark
Dave, no worries. Check my signature. biggrin.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Dec 5 2004, 08:22 AM)
Felix, I remember seeing bumper-mounted headlight squirters on a '76 once.

these were optional from 1975 on
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.