Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tie rod ends
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tscrihfield
Guys,
Does anyone know what thread size the 914/911 tie rod ends are? Do they differ from the turbo ends other than the fact that turbo ends are female?

Thanks,
Thomas
strawman
M14-2.0. That is all...
aircooledtechguy
Turbo tie rods use a female 14x1.5 thread. I just had to order heim joints for my shop-car and finding them proved to be difficult. I had to order them from Europe. Had it been the 14x2.0, I could have bought them locally. . .
tscrihfield
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Jul 6 2013, 08:37 AM) *

Turbo tie rods use a female 14x1.5 thread. I just had to order heim joints for my shop-car and finding them proved to be difficult. I had to order them from Europe. Had it been the 14x2.0, I could have bought them locally. . .

Thanks Nate!

I thought that it was odd. I measured them with the thread pitch gauge and thought I had a mis-labeled set of gauges and wanted to verify. I am looking to buy heims as well. We're the ones you ordered any count? If so, where did you get them?

Thanks,
Thomas
Matt Romanowski
QUOTE(tscrihfield @ Jul 6 2013, 12:26 PM) *

Thanks Nate!

I thought that it was odd. I measured them with the thread pitch gauge and thought I had a mis-labeled set of gauges and wanted to verify. I am looking to buy heims as well. We're the ones you ordered any count? If so, where did you get them?

Thanks,
Thomas

Pegasus has them https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productse...sp?Product=3067
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(tscrihfield @ Jul 6 2013, 01:26 PM) *

Thanks Nate!

Thanks,
Thomas

I got mine on eBay from "mcgillmotorsports" for just under $23 each shipped. Since they come from England shipping took about 2 weeks. I'm happy with mine.
strawman
Boy am I glad I didn't listen to me! Nate is correct, and i was (arrogantly) wrong...

I, too bought the female "rose joints" from McGill Motorsports to help with my raised spindle Bilstein set-up. However, they were too short. I ended buying a pair from Elephant Racing that were longer than the McGill rose/heim joints. If you're not going with a raised spindle setup, I will sell you a pair of the McGill rose joints for the cost of shipping & Paypal fees.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.