Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sub-par encounter with 914 driver
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Jenny
So, I'm heading back to work after lunch and see this green 914 zip into traffic from a side street. I'm flooring my truck to catch up with it, and after awhile, we end up side by side at a red light. His top is off, windows up. I roll down my passenger window, give him a thumbs up sign, and say "Nice car." He gives me a sideways glance, lights his cigarette, and that's all!!! blink.gif This guy thought he was hot shit! He gunned his car when the light turned green, only to roll up to another red light. Again, we're neck to neck. He rolls down his window this time. I'm thinking "Oh, maybe he wants to talk!" And he proceeds to ash his cigarette out the window. And light turns green, he guns it onto highway 85. WTF?!?!

Jen
Part Pricer
He obviously is tired of getting hit on by hot chicks. Aren't we all? biggrin.gif
mightyohm
He probably thought he owned the only 914 left in this state, and you ruined his day.
Jenny
QUOTE(jkeyzer @ Dec 2 2004, 03:42 PM)
He probably thought he owned the only 914 left in this state, and you ruined his day.

Well, I was in my truck. But I couldn't get ahead of him enough for him to see my all914 sticker on my truck. It seemed like he wanted to race everyone. Maybe he'd have felt more comfortable in a civic or an eclipse?

Jen
jwalters
ohmy.gif Man oh man, it ain't like guys get hit on as much, if at all as much as we hit on the gals---damn if I give up that kind of opportunity beer.gif

He is obviously full of himself-----his 914 is his mueba.gif
mightyohm
QUOTE(Jenny @ Dec 2 2004, 03:50 PM)
QUOTE(jkeyzer @ Dec 2 2004, 03:42 PM)

Well, I was in my truck. But I couldn't get ahead of him enough for him to see my all914 sticker on my truck. It seemed like he wanted to race everyone. Maybe he'd have felt more comfortable in a civic or an eclipse?

Jen

You mean your truck isn't a 914 pickup?

Nevermind. I didn't see that part. biggrin.gif

I am guilty of showing excess attitude when driving my 914, I definitely weave in traffic 10x more just because I can... I probably look like a CRX driver.

If I cut off anyone on the BBS, sorry, you were probably just going too slow. rocking nana.gif
DNHunt
The guy's lookin to move up to a 986

Dave
Steve
Smoking in a 914 how disgusting.
There goes the resale value.

He was probably in a hurry to get back to the trailer park!!
scruz914
Maybe he thought he was in a 911? confused24.gif
MattR
All porsche drivers are assholes. Didnt you know that? haha
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(Jenny @ Dec 2 2004, 05:18 PM)
lights his cigarette, and that's all!!! he proceeds to ash his cigarette out the window.

Damn smokers!!!! biggrin.gif
Jenny
I thought 914s are not a real Porsche? blink.gif

In hindsight, I should have rolled down my window and screamed "That's not a real Porsche" or "Nice Fiat!"

Jen
jwalters
ohmy.gif Was it not back then that there was a bastard relationship with vw/porsche?? Didn't one own the other and yet were seperate entities??
ejm
Either his wife was in the car behind him or he was gay....
jwalters
ohmy.gif or a eunich mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif
Joe Ricard
You can hit on me anytime. Cept you Miles lol2.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Jen, I'm sure you get the same thing when you are in yours. There is not a day goes by that someone doesn't say nice car, cool car, what kinda car is that, how fast does it go, how much gas milage, or something else to that effect. I've heard nice fiero, nice mg, nice fiat, what the hell kinda car is that, and even nice miata. It can get kinda old, and sometimes I got lotsa other things on my mind and just don't care to exchange pleasantries, or maybe just in a big hurry. It don't make me a bad person, nor do I think any less of them.

Next time say " have ya heard about the 914world.com"?
Jenny
I couldn't compliment him on his car or tell him about our club. He wouldn't even acknowledge me!

I'm not terribly upset about it. Just surprised. 'Nuff said.

Jen
Mr.C
jwalters
ohmy.gif It could make you a less desireable person if you know someone said something to you and then completely ignore them, that kind of attitude has gotten more " road rage encounters" than anything else down here in So. Fl.

I guess point being, just be nice, and if no response, just keep being nice.

Kinda like that "thank you" commercial on tv.......

But if the person acknowledges you as being heard with the response he gave her-----that DOES make him a very bad man....

No woman should ever be treated like that..period pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Well, maybe his wife was screwing the neighbor in the miata. laugh.gif
Carl
He probably stole it and thought you were the owner.
Brad Roberts
I was busting around in the silver car last week and a guy in a 996 GT2 waved to me... I got closer to the car and noticed it had Conn plates on it. I KNEW a GT2 owner would NEVER acknowledge a 914 owner if he was from the SF bay area..LOL

Sooner later Jen we will run across this guy and give him a rash of shit lol2.gif

B
SLITS
Well, we just won't send him an "Emergency Contact List". Then when he breaks down, we can all drive by laugh and point.

Sorry Jen, I forgot to mail you what I promised. Will try to get to it tomorrow!!
GWN7
A hottie in whatever she's driving pulls up next to me and isn't giving me the finger.......I'm going to ask her if she wants to go for coffee.......

Did you get his plate #?

Reasons to ignore Jenny.... (besides the one mentioned above)

Mabey he's a repo man (on the odd chance that some bank would use a 914 for collateral)

He's a priest...

Married...

Hates all women.....

He's a rabbit and late for a very important date....

biggrin.gif
MattR
I have to admit, I was driving my 912 around the streets and some goofy guy drove up in a camery and tried to give me the thumbs up. I just kinda ignored him. Ah, oh well. Im part of the whine and cheese group now, right? Im allowed to do this stuff.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(ejm @ Dec 2 2004, 04:31 PM)
Either his wife was in the car behind him or he was gay....

lol2.gif
krk
QUOTE(Jenny @ Dec 2 2004, 04:18 PM)
So, I'm heading back to work after lunch and see this green 914 zip into traffic from a side street. I'm flooring my truck to catch up with it, and after awhile, we end up side by side at a red light. His top is off, windows up. I roll down my passenger window, give him a thumbs up sign, and say "Nice car." He gives me a sideways glance, lights his cigarette, and that's all!!! blink.gif This guy thought he was hot shit! He gunned his car when the light turned green, only to roll up to another red light. Again, we're neck to neck. He rolls down his window this time. I'm thinking "Oh, maybe he wants to talk!" And he proceeds to ash his cigarette out the window. And light turns green, he guns it onto highway 85. WTF?!?!

Jen

Hey sorry Jen. I didn't recognize you. It's just that it happens all the time and it's getting a little tiring.

(laugh.gif)

kim.
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(Jenny @ Dec 2 2004, 04:14 PM)
I thought 914s are not a real Porsche? blink.gif

In hindsight, I should have rolled down my window and screamed "That's not a real Porsche" or "Nice Fiat!"

Jen

Know the difference between Porsches and Porcupines??

Porcupines have the pricks on the outside!!

Maybe NotARealPorsche but ARealPrick!

Jerks can't be delineated by the car they drive, if they did they'd all be driving '76 Trans-Ams.
PatW
QUOTE(Jenny @ Dec 2 2004, 03:18 PM)

Jen

I've seen that dude a few times. He lives a few blocks away..
boxstr
Maybe he just had a Hugh Grant and thats why the cigarette.
CCLINDIVINEBROWN
wheelo
Maybe ...he was ...ascared ... of the women-folk .... like youz one of them terrorist typez.... "better not make eye-contact" ... elsez you whooop his ass !

Nahhhh ........ bonehead deluxe !

I agree though, sometimes you just don't have time, or energy to talk for 15min about your car...again !

Had a older guy yell at me in the parkinglot @ Albertsons the other day. Couldn't hear him, as I was already in the car, I thought that he was pissed-off. Opened the door and said, "Huh ?".... he replied "what year"... " 73" I said. "Looks Real Nice"... says he... I am late to the office with my lunch on the front seat.... but hey...some old codger likes my car enough to shout-out, in front of his wife too! I am driving a dynomite dynosaur !

cool_shades.gif
scooter311
Funny thread laugh.gif The replies are killin' me here. Darn tootin' if a chickie tells me "nice car" I'm gonna ask her for coffee. She doesn't even have to say nice car, it could be "what kinda car is that", or "your head's on fire". Hell, just rolling down the window and glaring would make me to forget where I was going.
His 911 was in the shop getting the winter air put in his tires and he forgot what he was driving :dhead: laugh.gif

Mostly only other wierd car guys wave, like old dudes with handlebar mustaches and cabbie hats driving old, rusted green MGs.
EdwardBlume
I see PatW on the freeway now and then and I go out of my way to try and run him off the road.

Whenever someone waves at me when I'm driving a 914, the first thing I think of is that I'm dumping engine oil on the road, or my wheels are falling off. Paranoia.
Randal
Whenever someone waves at me when I'm driving a 914, the first thing I think of is that I'm dumping engine oil on the road, or my wheels are falling off. Paranoia.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Jenny
Oh, did I forget to mention it was all beat to hell? It wasn't like he was driving some prized car. Well, maybe if it's taken him three years to get it back on the road, he prizes it. laugh.gif Green with traces of either red, or rust. biggrin.gif

I thought it was this guy I'd flagged down previously @ my work's parking lot (Michael Mann) who also has a late model green 914. That guy had even gone out of his way to go in my building and find the office I work at to say hi to me. Nope. Some other guy. What a let down!

And on the subject of going out for coffee and what not. I'd just wanted to say hi, nice car, and join the club. But after consulting with Brian on the subject matter, he says if a girl were to pull up and compliment him on his car (hypothetically speaking, if we weren't dating rolleyes.gif ) he'd think she was interested in him. Seems to be the concensus here as well. Can't we just like their cars? confused24.gif

Jen
Jeff Bonanno
nope. the consensus and Brian are dead-on correct.
Brando
QUOTE(Jenny @ Dec 3 2004, 08:36 AM)
...But after consulting with Brian on the subject matter, he says if a girl were to pull up and compliment him on his car (hypothetically speaking, if we weren't dating rolleyes.gif ) he'd think she was interested in him. Seems to be the concensus here as well. Can't we just like their cars? confused24.gif

Nope. That's like saying "can't we just be friends?" tongue.gif
jwalters
Oh, did I forget to mention it was all beat to hell? It wasn't like he was driving some prized car. Well, maybe if it's taken him three years to get it back on the road, he prizes it. laugh.gif Green with traces of either red, or rust. biggrin.gif

I thought it was this guy I'd flagged down previously @ my work's parking lot (Michael Mann) who also has a late model green 914. That guy had even gone out of his way to go in my building and find the office I work at to say hi to me. Nope. Some other guy. What a let down!

And on the subject of going out for coffee and what not. I'd just wanted to say hi, nice car, and join the club. But after consulting with Brian on the subject matter, he says if a girl were to pull up and compliment him on his car (hypothetically speaking, if we weren't dating rolleyes.gif ) he'd think she was interested in him. Seems to be the concensus here as well. Can't we just like their cars? confused24.gif

Jen

ohmy.gif Are you KIDDING-----What planet are you on----that is what guys DO!!!

Like I said before--for the general male populace, men do NOT get the hits that women get---

Sooooo-when we get a Bump---we BUMP back...

biggrin.gif wub.gif biggrin.gif wub.gif laugh.gif ohmy.gif wub.gif
maf914
Some time ago I was cruising down the interstate in the 914 doing about 75 mph and a sedan with four guys gradually passed me on the left. They were all looking at the car. As they went past the guy in the back seat gives me a "thumbs up". I thought that meant he liked the car so I waved a thanks, but now I wonder if he was hitting on me! laugh.gif Oh, well...
Jenny
So.... do all you guys think I'm hitting on you as well? w00t.gif

Jen
GWN7
I don't know...have you ever said nice car to me while we were driving down the road and have we ever gone for coffee? wink.gif biggrin.gif

There is a difference between that and a bump when or if the next question you would ask is if it had a 1.7, 1.8 or 2L. That shows your interested in the car and not the driver.

I just like you because your a nice person and besides your 3000+ miles away from here and too young for me.....now if your mom was single....... biggrin.gif
Jenny
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Dec 3 2004, 10:46 AM)
I just like you because your a nice person and besides your 3000+ miles away from here and too young for me.....now if your mom was single....... biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif

Jen
Howard
QUOTE(Jenny @ Dec 3 2004, 10:11 AM)

Jen

Yes. Alison and Lisa do the same. Can't you all just love me for my mind? pray.gif
jwalters

Jen

wink.gif Heyyyyyy baby---What's your sign??????

wub.gif wub.gif laugh.gif wub.gif

I know this great little coffee shop just right around the corner.............................................
PatW
QUOTE(Rob Ways @ Dec 3 2004, 07:36 AM)
I see PatW on the freeway now and then and I go out of my way to try and run him off the road.

I spotted you there back on Page Milll! biggrin.gif
914efi
Last summer I was riding my dad's honda scooter and saw a 914. I gave him a big wave and laughed to myself that he was probably pissed that the person to show enthusiasm about his car was riding a scooter! It's a lot of fun to wave at harleys from a scooter, they are so insecure that they look the other way for the most part.
IronHillRestorations
he says if a girl were to pull up and compliment him on his car (hypothetically speaking, if we weren't dating rolleyes.gif ) he'd think she was interested in him. Seems to be the concensus here as well. Can't we just like their cars? confused24.gif

Jen

C'mon Jen, didn't you see "When Harry Met Sally"???
Mrs. K
QUOTE(Howard @ Dec 3 2004, 12:03 PM)

Jen

Yes. Alison and Lisa do the same. Can't you all just love me for my mind? pray.gif

lol3.gif
Oh Howard!!!!!!!!!
We love you for all you have wink.gif

Lisa wub.gif
Ps so does Mish!
Jenny
QUOTE(9146986 @ Dec 5 2004, 10:25 AM)
C'mon Jen, didn't you see "When Harry Met Sally"???

Yes, and I'll have what she's having. laugh.gif

Jen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.