Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS GUAGE CLUSTER - REALLY NICE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
BS Chairman
Late style gauge cluster in Concours condition.

Cant remember if trip odometer works or not

$250 OBO plus shipping

PM for more info
BS Chairman
Still available, lower price
c12croft
QUOTE(BS Chairman @ Aug 2 2013, 10:40 AM) *

Still available, lower price

Should it plug and play in my '76?
Tim
C12croft@aol.com
pilothyer
You will get a more favorable response if you would confirm the proper function of the trip meter........JMHO
BS Chairman
Is there a good way to bench test the odometer/trip odo? I have several more that are in unknown condition.

Thought about hooking up a drill to an old spedo cable and running it.

How fast should I turn it with the drill and which direction?

Or is that a bad idea? confused24.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(BS Chairman @ Aug 15 2013, 10:06 AM) *

Is there a good way to bench test the odometer/trip odo? I have several more that are in unknown condition.

Thought about hooking up a drill to an old spedo cable and running it.

How fast should I turn it with the drill and which direction?

Or is that a bad idea? confused24.gif

I test mine buy using an old trip odometer rest cable and putting it in the where the speedo cable goes. Run the drill in reverse.
Rob-O
And the trip odo can be checked by turn the metal piece at the end of that small cable on the speedo. Normally it would have a small knob on it. Can't tell if yours has it in the pics. These are in really nice shape, although for concours the red area next to the 'R' on the fuel gauge would be bright red. They all fade over time but can be repaired/replaced with some type of plastic material that is red and will allow light to emit through. If you chose to replace it, I believe you can pull the fuel portion of the gauge out from the rear of the housing. No need to remove the trim ring.
BS Chairman
Will test over the weekend
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.