914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
Is he not allowed to post here anymore?
He was here a lot and then ***POOF***
gone and no posts.
Bleyseng
Maybe he was banned.... confused24.gif
Mueller
I think he's on vacation or something like that....who knows, myabe he has been working on getting his 914 running.....LOL
Aaron Cox
does he really look like his avatar? or does he really look like mine biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
He does look like that pic. I think that is one I took at the SSI/914club swap meet when he was standing there talking to JamieRust.
Does he alwasy wear that leather jacket? I have never seen him without it.
Geoff
boxstr
He is posting at PP today.
CCLINDAMPDAVELAND
swood
Are you sure that's not Getty Lee from Rush? Looks just like him, just a few more lbs. laugh.gif
EdwardBlume
His car has been on the sidelines for years. Who holds the record for a 914 sitting around that one hasn't gotten around to fixing?
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE(Mueller @ May 21 2003, 04:19 PM)
who knows, myabe he has been working on getting his 914 running.....LOL

Why don't we have an event where we ALL pitch in and help Damp Dave
get his 914 running?

Seriously pray.gif

Wouldn't that be nice of us?
Pizza, Beverages & Working on a fellow teeners 914.

What could be better, eh?
Bleyseng
Jim Boemher on Rennlist has been working on his V8 conversion for over 5 years. I think its for sale now.
DD has been playing with his FI problem for over 2 years. Gone thru a set of heads too, so that might be why he is going slow.
Geoff
72Signal914
Mine's been sitting, doing absolutely NOTHING to it for 3 years. Might be out on the road soon.
Aaron Cox
i did mine in a record three months last summeR! did a whole engine rebiold, a complete f corners brake job, 19mm master cylinder, etc....could that be the shortest back on the road time for a nebie at the time? flag.gif
fuch toy
Dave's 914 runs....it's just not to his liking....something about going rich..... D-Jet confuses him..... rolleyes.gif

As to him not posting here....I think someone complained about his avatar offending some Republican or something....
Lawrence
His avatar offended someone?

If that's really the case, Dave needs to tell them to pound sand.
Bleyseng
His avatar is just a pic of him standing there, hmm who could that offend? Somebody I suppose.
I think he is just busy working and trying to keep up with the PP BBS posts.
Geoff
Brad Roberts
He doesnt have time. Plain and simple. He is on something like 8-10 email groups and bulletin boards. I know because I used to do the same thing and just like him I was doing it for no apparent reason. I think PP is taking advantage of him..and he doesnt see it. They dont pay him.. he doesnt "buy" parts from them (maybe 300$ over the last 3 years) ?? They dont "pay" any of the BBS people who help them moderate. They give them a discount on parts. Big F-ing deal. PAY ME.. would be my response. Why give up all the information for free.

Why do you think we started this board ?? Why would I give up information for another business..for NO discount ?? I would rather people benefit and NOT have a business tied to it.

B
Lawrence
I know this is a vendor neutral board... personal opinion to follow.

HPH/All914 is part of the reason we have this place. I'll be sending more of my business to them in the future.

-Rusty
Bleyseng
Speaking of pay, how about a raise Boss?

Geoff
Brad Roberts
But we dont "place" people all over the web and ask them to answer questions day in and day out with a Signature file: HPH/ALL914

I dont bring up the names unless somebody asks for my email address..or asks for good vendor (HPH)

I hate selling parts and shipping.. lol

B
Lawrence
LOL... even for me?
Dave_Darling
Life... Kinda gets in the way, don't'ya know...

I was posting here a lot when the "day job" was very slow--and very annoying so I didn't want to dig up stuff to do when they didn't assign it. Things are much more busy there now, and much more interesting. And I have a whole bunch of lists and BBSes to keep up on... Sadly, this one is one of the ones that drops out when stuff gets busy. sad.gif

I don't think that anyone from Pelican has asked me to post anywhere other than Rennlist and the Pelican BBS. It's voluntary, and is something that I do for fun regardless. Actually, I was posting exclusively from work for quite a while... Not a good way to impress your boss... wink.gif And Pelican is good enough to send me to some of the 914 events around the country, which I also enjoy.

But between work, getting to the gym, skating, trying to juggle two GFs (badly, I might add!!) and all the BBS and email stuff, I've been just a weeeeee bit busy. Hey, at least I got a chance to stop in and see B earlier today. biggrin.gif Too bad he was too lazy to find a disk for the digital camera, right Aaahndy? wink.gif

I'll be around... But I don't think it ever will be as much as I was a couple of months ago.

--DD
Brad Roberts
DAVE CUT HIS HAIR !!!

I thought someone had stolen his CRX and pulled up out in front of the shop...LOL

The best part is.. he keeps jacking with it like its a lost limb.

B
Lawrence
Dave, you cut your hair? How come?? ohmy.gif

-Rusty
Gint
HA! BRAD! You didn't get pics?

Sampson lost his strength! Got off his hair?!?! Probably looks like ....

I better stop. Dave doesn't like me already. He's jealous of my camera.
Bleyseng
Good Gawd! What next, will DD get his 914 running!

Geoff
Brad Roberts
I actually spoke to Dave about getting his car running.

B
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ May 25 2003, 06:44 AM)
Good Gawd! What next, will DD get his 914 running!

Stranger things have been known to happen.... biggrin.gif

Here's a (crappy) pic for ya.

--DD
Aaron Cox
he has also shed his tough leathery skin! (leather jacket) ohmy.gif
what is the world coming to? beerchug.gif
Bleyseng
Monique says you look "preppy" now instead of a "hippie".

haha
You will probably go faster too without all that wind resistance.

Geoff
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ May 25 2003, 09:45 AM)

You will probably go faster too without all that wind resistance.

that is if his 914 was running! tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.