Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carpet install help needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tornik550
My car has never had carpet. It is set up for auto x. I doubt I will be racing my car much anymore so I decided to install carpet. Everything is going well except the passenger floor doesn't seem to fit quite right. Is there some sort of a passenger floor board on stock cars? My car is stripped and I feel like I may be missing something. Any install advice or pictures?

My floor looks like the one picture (picture was taken from google)
dlee6204
There is a big piece of foam that acts as a "floorboard"
tornik550
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Jul 7 2013, 09:24 PM) *

There is a big piece of foam that acts as a "floorboard"

Does the piece of foam go over or under the carpet? I have seen pictures of a big square dog bone looking thing that rests in the passenger foot well. Is that it?
dlee6204
It goes under the carpet and its not the dogbone footrest. Hopefully someone will chiime in with a pic.
tornik550
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Jul 7 2013, 10:02 PM) *

It goes under the carpet and its not the dogbone footrest. Hopefully someone will chiime in with a pic.

Is this a floor board for 914 passenger side?
Click to view attachment
Peashooter
The foam piece mentioned sits into a depression in the front firewall piece. It doesn't fit under the carpet, but fills in a void in the firewall. It is a solid piece that glues in place. What year is the car? The early cars have a smaller piece than the later cars I think.
Steve
That Picture does look like the early foam piece. The 75-76 have a foam piece with a little box in it that holds an odometer counter for the smog. It's an indentation with a plywood cover. Earlier cars do not have it. I have tried both on my 75 and there is a difference. Make sure you get the right one.
messix
get the sub-woofer box that fills that space that appearance and performance makes, mikey's might have them in stock.
tornik550
Does anyone know where to get a passenger foot board for a 73?
dlee6204
Okay this thread shows a picture of the foam. It looks like the foam was added mid-72 to replaced the footrest.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=74532&hl=

tornik550
Click to view attachmentIs #26 in the picture the one that I am looking for?

Steve
Yep that's the part.
914-551-429-10
bulitt
Early (small) and late foam.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.