Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Differential ID needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Peashooter
I have a LSD I pulled out of one of my transmissions. I believe it is a factory ZF LSD but am not sure. The #'s are:
40610)6)78 333159

Any one recognize it? Also, how in the heck do you take it apart?
Thanks, Bill

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

sixnotfour
look at the other end
messix
that one is no good and is barely good enough to be a paper weight!

i'll be kind enough to take it off your hands

pm me and i'll give you shipping instructions to mail it to me.

happy11.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(messix @ Jul 7 2013, 09:11 PM) *

that one is no good and is barely good enough to be a paper weight!

i'll be kind enough to take it off your hands

pm me and i'll give you shipping instructions to mail it to me.

happy11.gif

And be sure you use USPS priority fixed rate mail. Wouldn't want to spend more than that thing's worth getting it to its new home. Er, scrap heap ....................

The Cap'n
Peashooter
The other end just has the bolts for the ring gear.
Click to view attachment

The PO had started to build the car for AutoX. I don't know, but can guess that he wanted to build a trans with this diff and the 6/29 ring and pinion that I got along with the car and parts. That would be a good trans for AutoX, but the gearing would be a bit low for the street. If anyone is looking for a brand new ring and pinion let me know.
sixnotfour
take a look its two pieces sandwiched together, using the ring gear bolts to hold it together.
Do you have the drive flanges ??

look here shows the early 904 bolt together and the later two piece, and a Guard unit.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...83&hl=cheap LSD&st=20
Peashooter
Thanks, sixnotfour...
Yes, I have the flanges. It is out of a complete trans that is dated 10/10/4. I reckon it was in a 1974 or 5 914. It will be going in my sixxer.
Thanks for the link, mine is the middle one, of course. I see now what you say about it being flanged together with the ring gear bolts. I suppose I need to take it apart and have a look-see.
I guess I'm lucky every now and then. There was a pile of stuff in the pole barn where I had to dig out the parts for my car. I picked up 4 transaxles just to have for parts and this was one of them. I had no clue what was in there!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.