Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 06 Boxster Coupe
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drew365
Anyone that gets Autoweek probably saw the flash that Porsche will build a Boxster GTS coupe and possibly follow that with a lightweight version called the Clubsport. It will eliminate A/C, audio system and sound deadening, have a free flow exhaust, higher redline and lower final-drive ratio. "Suspension changes have already netted lateral acceleration figures of up to 1.2g, says our Porsche source....may serve as the basis for an extension of Porsche's motor-sport activities."
I think I'm going to start saving now. If I switch from Hoosier to Toyo's and invest the savings in a hole in my back yard... idea.gif
EdwardBlume
You know Porsche needs to do something to sell Boxsters. With the bottom dropping out 97s, 98s, and 99s.... the "new" Boxster that's coming out isn't going to cut it.

If anyone from Porsche is listening - build another 914! and if you really want to complete my wish list, put a hybrid motor in it.
drew365
I've been disappointed with the Boxsters I've instructed in at the track. That's part of the reason I haven't been gung ho to get one. This Clubsport sound promising though. I think a hybrid option will be available on most cars in about 10 years, probably licensed from Toyota.
Oh yeah, there were no pictures in the Autoweek blurb so don't bother with the "This thread is useless..." smileys. Got no pictures, ain't gonna have 'em. biggrin.gif
boxstr
This is my pic..
drew365
Damn, add fiberglass hood and trunk lid, so that the paint job is two tone and ugly, and I might be in love! wub.gif
EdwardBlume
Honda's got an awesome motor in its.... ah hell... MINIVAN.. that puts out 255 hp, and is a V-6 that shuts down 3 cylinders when you're crusining, but kicks back on when you need it.
Gustl
why don't color it like this:

IPB Image
seanery
the new hemi will run on 4 cyl then 6 and then 8 when needed.
The cars are the only ones getting it, though (I think) my Durango is always 8 on.
i love porsche
QUOTE(boxstr @ Dec 3 2004, 08:08 AM)
This is my pic..

thats just a photoshop, its got carerra GT headlamps and the window is too long and unbroken
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.