Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I need a lube/grease/Loctite education!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
I will soon be getting into the restoration and reassembly of some of the hard parts of the car (i.e. suspension, brakes, bushings, etc.).

Can somebody please educate me on the use of different greases, lubricants, assembly fluids, anti-siezing compounts, and thread locking compounds I can expect to use as I reassemble the car. There's all kinds of diferent greases... cv joint grease, bearing grease, molibdenum disulfide grease, lithium grease, graphite, marine, blah blah

What different types of greases will I need to be gathering for my arsenal? What parts and surface do I need to apply them to?

Is there a chart of the various parts and greases/lubes recommended or used?

Which of the threaded surfaces do I want to use an anti-sieze compound and which ones do I want to put a thread-locking compound.

Can somebody point me to a reference or website to get edjookated on grease and lubes (no prono sites please!).

Thanks,
Mueller
Loctite Design Guidebook

I have a hardcopy of this book from LocTite.

Also, get a McMaster-Carr catalog, great information on all of the products you are intrested in.
Qarl
Gracias!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.