Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Radiator Line off shelf reducers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete
I bought a SBC 350 with a Renegade kit. I just purchased a radiator with a 1 1/2" top inlet and an 1 3/4 bottom outlet. I need to reduce these to 1" at the top and 1 1/4" at the bottom. Has anyone bought items that work off the shelf from Home Depot or lowes etc? Any suggestions?
BIGKAT_83
These guys Jags That Run can get you anything you need.
bulitt
Good stuff, machined billet, and fast shipping!
Rotary'14
I have bought copper plumbing reducers and put a bead on it to hold the hose on. It works great,, and was cheap too. I can put a bead on some copper reducers for you if you don't find anything else.
partwerks
I just made mine by using one pipe that would fit inside the other, and or roll and short piece of sheet metal around the end for a shim to fit.
pete
QUOTE(Rotary'14 @ Jul 10 2013, 08:41 PM) *

I have bought copper plumbing reducers and put a bead on it to hold the hose on. It works great,, and was cheap too. I can put a bead on some copper reducers for you if you don't find anything else.

That's what I was thinking. I went to HD yesterday. They seem to be stocking more Sharkbite fittings then copper fittings. I'll try a plumbing supply store.
pete
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Jul 10 2013, 04:59 PM) *

Thanks. Looks great but expensive. I'll give them a call.
pete
QUOTE(pete @ Jul 11 2013, 08:44 AM) *

QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Jul 10 2013, 04:59 PM) *

Thanks. Looks great but expensive. I'll give them a call.

Actually, they are pretty reasonable. Thanks!
pete
Thanks for the info everyone. I ordered from Jags that run. Two machined fittings for $25. Free shipping from CA. Can't beat that. Better then driving all over the place trying to find copper fittings.

I was looking at coolant hose from McMaster.com. Seems kind of expensive. Plus there is a min of 5' of each size. Any other sources for just straight 1 1/2" and 1 3/4" hose? I'm finding none of the auto parts stores around here sell it by the foot. I probably just need 2-3' of each.
BIGKAT_83
O Rielly auto parts has both the sizes you need in gates green stripe hose.
pete
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Jul 12 2013, 09:09 AM) *

Checked, no stores in the northeast.
andys
I don't remember the McMaster-Carr hose as being particularly expensive; that's what I used. NAPA has straight hose by the foot.

Andy
JRust
I also have used muffler pipe reducers. Just about every autoparts store has them. Billet is much better but in a pinch these work fine. Going from hose to hose that is
bulitt
NAPA sells the 1" for 5.98$/ft and the 1-1/4" for 5.77$ per foot. (yellow stripe). Which is what most V8 conversion run front to back.

pete
QUOTE(bulitt @ Jul 12 2013, 01:42 PM) *

NAPA sells the 1" for 5.98$/ft and the 1-1/4" for 5.77$ per foot. (yellow stripe). Which is what most V8 conversion run front to back.

Thanks, I'm going to stop in at NAPA tomorrow. Their 1 1/2 + 1 3/4 is a little more expensive per foot then McMaster, but McMaster has a 5' min of each. And I'm going to look into the 1" and 1 1/4". I can go to Renegade and get enough green stripe in both sizes to reach the engine apparently for $120.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(pete @ Jul 12 2013, 06:13 AM) *

QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Jul 12 2013, 09:09 AM) *

Checked, no stores in the northeast.

Checker/Schucks/Kragen/O'Reilly. They're all the same company, sell all the same second and third rate crap, and they're everywhere. This is NOT an endorsement!

Actually, you made the right decision to go with Jags That Run.

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.