Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lass than an hour away
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
In less than an hour, the Chalon will be legal to drive on public motorways. Woohoo!!! I had to pull the exhaust out again to install the rear sway bar back in. I also decided to go with stainless steel bolts, nuts and washers on the exhaust so that seemed like the perfect opportunity to do so. I have it so I can bolt it back up in about 10 minutes. With any luck, I will test drive it tonight. The grin is ear to ear. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Part Pricer
From the title, I thought you had bought an effing Miata. w00t.gif
sanman
beerchug.gif
skline
Bite your tongue, this aint no Mazda!!! They stole that phrase from me.
GTeener
aktion035.gif driving.gif Enjoy!
SLITS
I assume the turbo-street sweeper will be following you to sweep up all the parts that are gonna fall off.

Nice go Scott - make it run - Vroooooooooooom burnout.gif
MattR
Are you going to bring it to the BBQ tomorrow?
neo914-6
smilie_pokal.gif Got video, sound?
skline
It's almost official, they gave me a temporary registration so I could drive it while they verify the paper work. It came out to $417.00 with all the late fees and penalties. Ouch, but it's legal to hit the streets till February. I got a lot to do if I want to take it to the BBQ tomorrow. So I am off to work on it to get it going. Will post if I drive it tonight.
dlo914
QUOTE(MattR @ Dec 3 2004, 04:25 PM)

where's the bbq? what time is the duration of the bbq? i'm getting the 14 back tomorrow maybe i'll drop by....after work at the FLAPS (autozone) <_<
Allan
Cool stuff!!! Good until February anyway. biggrin.gif
skline
Well, it's not looking like its going to make it to the BBQ tomorrow, I was just underneath it working on the brake lines and realized the suspension is all new and not aligned yet. In fact I am sure it is way off. I remember the tires squealing when I was pushing it around in the driveway. Dont know if the alignment shop is even open on Saturdays. We will see. I cant drive it tonight because there are no lights hooked up yet. The headlights work but no brake or tail lights yet. Too much to do and not enough time to get it all done. It was worth a shot anyway. sad.gif
skline
QUOTE(dlo914 @ Dec 3 2004, 04:53 PM)
QUOTE(MattR @ Dec 3 2004, 04:25 PM)

where's the bbq? what time is the duration of the bbq? i'm getting the 14 back tomorrow maybe i'll drop by....after work at the FLAPS (autozone) dry.gif

Here is a link to the thread about the BBQ. The hours are 11 to 3 roughly. I will be there early and probably stay later.

BBQ Link
MattR
bummer sad.gif
skline
On the plus side, I just fired it up and the clutch appears to be working correctly now. I will have it ready to roll tomorrow but unless I can find an alignment shop open early, the car isnt going anywhere yet. The lighting will be easy to do. It will be done but it will be late. I still have 4 more brake lines to double flare then bleed them out. welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
Mrs. K
Keep on flaring dude!

Pull an 'all nighter.'....you can do it! w00t.gif

Lisa smash.gif
spare time toys
Way to go that car is going to be way too much fun.
skline
Only fun when it runs like it should without problems. Better to find them now though than when I am out a long way from home.
Ctrout
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(skline @ Dec 3 2004, 07:05 PM)
Only fun when it runs like it should without problems. Better to find them now though than when I am out a long way from home.

I agree Scott, Make a list and check it twice. A ten minute drive can undue months of work by rushing through the details.
Dr Evil
Finally Scott has a car that is powerfull enough to necessitate that he keep both hands on the wheel and out of his shorts while driving laugh.gif
Congradulations! I have been just close for months (Years?).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.