Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bay Area 914 Breakfast Meeting/Drive
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lanker88
Hey All,

Lets get another meeting going. Same Place!

Alice's Cafe
http://www.alicesrestaurant.com/

Address: 17288 Skyline Boulevard Woodside, CA 94062 (650) 851-0303

Time: 914:am

Date: July 27th, 2013

See You there.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Michael N
Hey I think I can make this one. Is this a breakfast or a drive?
lanker88
QUOTE(Michael N @ Jul 11 2013, 10:03 AM) *

Hey I think I can make this one. Is this a breakfast or a drive?

Oh thats good news what will you be coming in(specs)? Both. Breakfast first then if you would like to go for a drive then you can, but not required tongue.gif

pt_700
my regrets, i'll be riding that weekend.
pcar916
I rode my Norton up to Alice's from Pacifica and SSF from 1987 to 1995 before selling it to buy my converted 914-6 from a San Francisco PO. The Harley guys all referred to it as that "little Norton". The rice rocket guys I rode with now and then were all amazed at the amount of noise the Norton made. The "washing machine" they called it. But I kept up with all and beat some more of them. Guess I just like obscure machines that make good loud noises.

Couldn't get enough of the road from there to the beach. It was just as much fun in the 914 once I got some 008R (or RS?) tires.
Mike Bellis
Can't make it. My CV's are too crunchy, need to get my new trannie and axles installed. sad.gif
bluhun
I'll be there!
Dave_Darling
I should be able to make it. smile.gif

--DD
dem
I should be in! I even washed my car recently!
jesiv
Sounds like fun James IV and V will be there
mrholland2
So if the 914 is on hiatus, is my Element still welcome to visit with me in it?

Sean
MartyYeoman
It's on my calendar.
I hope to make it.
Marty
lanker88
QUOTE(mrholland2 @ Jul 14 2013, 03:09 PM) *

So if the 914 is on hiatus, is my Element still welcome to visit with me in it?

Sean

of course all Porsche and 914 lovers are welcome.
mikeyb33
I should be able to make it but probably breakfast only, can't join the drive this time.

---> BTW, there's a Boxster Brunch at Alice's the following Sat., 8/3. What would you folks think about crashing that one? (I can head up for either Sat. gathering, leaning towards 8/3 though)

Also - may I indulge in a hopefully-brief hijack, re. tires. Re. this comment (highlighting added):
QUOTE(pcar916 @ Jul 11 2013, 11:28 AM) *
Couldn't get enough of the road from there to the beach. It was just as much fun in the 914 once I got some 008R (or RS?) tires.

I assume this was a reference to the old Yokohama A-008's? Eons ago I ran these on my street Honda Civic - long before these cars were considered Cool [ /old-timer]. Kicked quite a lot of #ss at the autocrosses and had waaay too much fun on the Fwy on/off-ramps.

So, my Question: What's the "hot" street tire for the current generation? Preferably a non Dot-R, something that won't burn up too much with regular street use. Would be interested in any inputs.

[ /hijack]
dgw
---> BTW, there's a Boxster Brunch at Alice's the following Sat., 8/3. What would you folks think about crashing that one? (I can head up for either Sat. gathering, leaning towards 8/3 though)

The Boxster folks welcome all Porsche lovers. We have been there in the Boxster and the RS America, but not yet in the 914.
lanker88
QUOTE(dgw @ Jul 15 2013, 07:11 PM) *

The Boxster folks welcome all Porsche lovers. We have been there in the Boxster and the RS America, but not yet in the 914.

I'd be interested in crashing the boxster brunch. That would be fun!
Woodside914
I'll try to make it, too!

beerchug.gif

Cheers!
Ken
Michael N
white914.jpg Back to the top reminder.
Woodside914
I used to live up there in Skylonda back in the late 1980's, about 1/2 mile south on Skyline Blvd at Big Tree Lane, as a single Buck....man, those were the days!

I rented a house in the forest overlooking Portola Valley, and once lived in by Ken Kesey and his Merry Pranksters!

I also spent many fuzzy Saturday mornings at Alice's over coffee & breakfast...

Can't wait to get up there again!
dem
Saturday looking good!
Dtjaden
914World newbie planing to be there.
dem
Hungry! See you guys there.
Woodside914
Sorry I missed the gathering, too much stuff going on at home...hopefully next time!
mikeyb33
Sorry to those who missed the meet-up! We had a good group show up, 7? 8? Teeners, with (15) people staying for breakfast/lunch in the back room at Alice's.

I don't know if there was an after-brk. Group Drive, as several people including myself left shortly after we finished our meals.

Did anybody take pics of our cars?? If so, could you please share. Otherwise, I guess we should refer to those pics from the last gathering (as shown in the OP), as many of the same people showed up this time... (And alas I forgot my camera, again. Tsk..)

Thanks to Luke for organizing another fun meet-up!

Have a great rest of the summer, everyone -
mike
Michael N
QUOTE(mikeyb33 @ Jul 28 2013, 10:21 AM) *

Thanks to Luke for organizing another fun meet-up!

+ 1. Thanks Luke, nice to meet the group.
lanker88
Hey All,

Just a heads up I'm selling my 914 for now :/ But im sure ill get another one in about a year or so. If you know anyone that is looking for a solid CA 914 pass this onto them since you've seen my car in person. Also, i will still be organizing meetings as you're all a great group of people and I just cant stay away from 914s haha.

CL post: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/4031795052.html

Cheers,
Luke Anker
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.