Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '75 bumper replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
black914
I recently replaced the license plate lights on my '75 which required removal of the bumper. The ends of the rubber bumper have a flange that fits into a clip on the fenders. How in the world do you get the flange into the clip? Does it require a come-a-long or something?
Bleyseng
Drive the car into a wall at 5 mph and after it hits slam on the brakes so the bumpers are compressed. Climb out and slide on the rubber bumper flange on. Works everytime for me. wink.gif
black914
Sounds like an interesting concept.... Do you figure that is the way they did it at the factory? confused24.gif
mattillac
smilie_pokal.gif i'd like to see a 911 owner do that lol2.gif
TheCabinetmaker
With the bolts removed, push the bumper as far in as it will go. Hook the rubber flange over the metal strip, pull the bumper out, insert the bolts and tighten. A helper can make it easier.

Good luck.
skline
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Dec 3 2004, 06:22 PM)
Drive the car into a wall at 5 mph and after it hits slam on the brakes so the bumpers are compressed. Climb out and slide on the rubber bumper flange on. Works everytime for me. wink.gif

That is so funny!!! I will be laughing for hours about that one. Good come back.
maf914
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Dec 3 2004, 06:32 PM)
With the bolts removed, push the bumper as far in as it will go. Hook the rubber flange over the metal strip, pull the bumper out, insert the bolts and tighten. A helper can make it easier.

Good luck.

Good advice, Curt. I never thought of that. Sometimes the solution is just too...obvious! huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.