Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: crankcase ventilation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gearren
I dont know much about crankcase ventilation, so I took the crankcase/valve cover ventilation hoses and just ran them out the bottom of the car. But now I am blowing out oil and oil is getting all over the bottom of the car. I dont know what to do, any advice.
Mueller
why did you do it??

putting it back like it was before sounds like a good idea to me smile.gif
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(Mueller @ Dec 3 2004, 07:59 PM)
why did you do it??

putting it back like it was before sounds like a good idea to me smile.gif

uh-huh... agree.gif yuppers....

they are the way they are for a reason. Any excess stuff that comes outta the hoses goes right back into the engine & gets reburnt (or sumpin like that) rolleyes.gif You do know where they are suposed to go? right??? If not, do a search on the board cuz there's some good pictures & diagrams.

....b
Gearren
When I had fuel injection, it had all the fittings and everyting, but now that I went to carbs, I have no valves or fittings and dont know where to route the hoses or to what.
Trekkor
ohmy.gif

What was that? Now we have prank threads? <_<

"I have this problem. I took the battery out of my car and it won't start. Help me..."

KT
Mueller
crankcase vent.

read the above thread...if you need more info do a search on the subject, there have been a few threads on it with pictures and all
SirAndy
QUOTE(Gearren @ Dec 3 2004, 07:15 PM)
but now that I went to carbs

you need one of these ...

curious, why did you switch to carbs ???
idea.gif Andy
Trekkor
Was I naughty? cool_shades.gif
Gearren
where did you get this?
Aaron Cox
www.cbperformance.com
SirAndy
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Dec 3 2004, 07:28 PM)
www.cbperformance.com

yupp, what he ^^^ says ...

http://www.cbperformance.com/

aktion035.gif Andy
SirAndy
actually, here's a direct link to the product ...

http://www.cbperformance.com/catalog.asp?ProductID=238

driving.gif Andy
Gearren
thanks, is that all I need?
Aaron Cox
and some hose to make it work... mount it above the height of the heads...so the oil can go back into the engine after shutdown. wink.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Gearren @ Dec 3 2004, 07:39 PM)
thanks, is that all I need?

the kit comes with some hoses, but you'll probably need some more.
use the hoses you had when you still had the FI, they'll work fine.

make sure you plugg the 4th outlet (like in my pic)

use the 2 outlets on the side for the head-vent connection and one of the two at the front goes to the oil-filler/PCV connector.

you *have to* mount it horizontal (like in my pic), otherwise it'll leak oil ...

smash.gif Andy
MattR
If you're cheap (like most 914 owners) you can get the exact same thing from Empi for about half the price. Check Link
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.