Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A new 914 for Southern California
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
avidfanjpl
OK, so tomorrow I get to Portland at noon to buy the car from Craig and Ben in Volcano country.

I plan on driving the car down the 5 the whole way home over the weekend.

I like naming my cars after women, and Sebastian Vettel has copied my habits.

This car will be christened Daphne Monet, as she was the Devil in a Blue Dress from 1995. One of my favorite movies of all time.

Orangina is sold, and I rechristened my white Carrera as Theodora, after Mila Kunis in Oz, The Great And Powerful.

When the 914-6 is wrapped, I will decide her true name, but that is September before that happens.

Anyhow, it is 1000 miles to the inch from Portland to my home.

2 CARS FROM PORTLAND IN 4 YEARS. What does it all mean?

Thank you to Craig for being a Prince! And to Ben for doing a nice job on the car till I bought it.

John

Click to view attachment
john_g
Beautiful looking car. Love the color. You should know, though, that the front bumper isn't from a '74 (or even a '73), as it lacks the tits. The '73 had them just in the front, the '74 had them front and rear.
R8CERX
Nice....

piratenanner.gif
euro911
Nice, John.

OT - Zeniths? ... I thought the Dark Knight had PMOs confused24.gif
billh1963
I'm glad you are so excited! biggrin.gif
avidfanjpl
Know about the bumper. Will get a new one. And yes, the 6 has real working Zeniths.

Had them rebuilt. PMO's would have been nice, but the Zeniths work just fine.

Rejetted the idles so they would work better, before that there was popping so much that it drove me crazy.

No pops now.

Seems stronger than ever.

J
surpee
That is one awesome looking car man!
beer.gif
JStroud
Nice looking car, should be a great trip. driving.gif

Jeff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.