Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 1973 914 2.0 restored in Virginia: $12,750
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
gonavy78
Reluctantly offering for sale my restored 1973 914 with appearance package. Vehicle located in Charlottesville,Va and always garaged. I purchased this 914 from a 911 racing enthusiast, and although he never raced this car, he tweeked everything for maximum performance.

Originally a 1.7 in signal orange, was restored in 2011 and professionally repainted tomato red (VW 1992 color). Restoration included engine rebuild by JCS with 1.7 block built to 2.0 specs. Less than 10k miles on rebuild. Title says 38,000 actual miles but true mileage on car is unverified.

Zero rust- paint and chrome is excellent and what you would expect from a professional job. Targa top also painted red.

A few highlights on this amazing 914:

* correct 2.0 German sourced exhaust
* dual 44 carbs with correct emulsion and jets (engine bay detailed)
* real, not replica, 2.0 Fuchs including spare with about 5k miles
* engine has new Nology wires, new bosch blue coil,NOS 009 Bosch dist.
* pertronix electronic ignition
* one year old Optima red top battery, new K&N washable filters
* external battery kill switch
* stainless brake lines, new Ferodo pads, 911 master cylinder, new OEM rotors
* Royal Purple fluids throughout
* recently replaced steering bushings and bearings
* 3-speed heater blower sourced from a 911
* steering rack replaced in 2011
* all rods and engine mounts replaced in 2011
* side shift transmission rebuilt at the same time as the engine
* New Sachs clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing with less than 2k miles
* all three original keys (red/black and dealer blank)
* engine rebuild records

Interior:

a 9/10...very small split in seat, new hard dash cover, Porsche carpeted mats, high end aftermarket stereo, period correct 915 shifter,window cranks sourced from a late 956

I'm a Volvo guy with 5 Volvo classics in my collection. The Porsche is the oddball in the group that I bought because I always loved these cars. email me at elund78@live.com for more info or to schedule a test drive. I'd prefer the car go to a 914 enthusiast and I'm listing it here before I go the Ebay route.
orthobiz
Pretty car. Good luck with your sale.

Do you have a picture of the inside of the rear trunk with the carpeting out? Specifically, taken from the engine side of the car facing backwards?

Front trunk with the spare removed?

Paul
gonavy78
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jul 12 2013, 08:18 AM) *

Pretty car. Good luck with your sale.

Do you have a picture of the inside of the rear trunk with the carpeting out? Specifically, taken from the engine side of the car facing backwards?

Front trunk with the spare removed?

Paul

As soon as it stops raining here in Virginia I plan to get the car outside and take some better photographs... that said- the front and rear trunk areas are pristine- painted- no rust etc.
JmuRiz
Looks like weber 34 carbs/air cleaners...just saying, any closer detail engine pics or build sheets?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.