Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sorry in advance...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mattillac
where the hell is the pcv valve on my 1975 2.0? i've replaced alot of stuff on the fi, hoses, etc. but i never noticed it, and my haynes manual doesn't show it. ok, let the hazing begin... slap.gif alfred.gif
mattillac
nobody knows confused24.gif i've stumped you all smoke.gif or are you just above my lame thread pray.gif
Dr Evil
are you just above my lame thread

Yes, but I will answer anyway. It is in the oil fill housing. If it is on the 75 at all. There should be a port out of the side of the housing next to where the oil filler stalk sticks out. $10 for a new one from Porsche I hear (just the valve, not the whole housing).
mattillac
i do have a "port" next to the oel filler neck, but it don't look like a pcv valve. it looks like a permanent part of the oel filler box assembly thingy(technical term).
Dr Evil
Infadel! You dare argue with me! Sorry, got ahead of myself. Is there a kneraled (lotta grooves going vertically, like a tooth paste cap) nut on it? If so that would indicate that you can remove it. But, if it aint broke dont breakit. I am not sure of the test for it, but I am pretty sure it includes blowing on it to see if too much air passes one way or another. It is your crank carse breather.
Dr Evil
Look at were the center hose is going in the picture in this thread posted by Andy. Iti si on the other side thatn I am used to, but it is what it is.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=ST&f=2&t=21445
mattillac
no nut or anything on it. just a plain old tube. po had a FLAPS rubber heater hose going from it to the air box in what seemed to be the correct place.
mattillac
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Dec 3 2004, 10:24 PM)
Look at were the center hose is going in the picture in this thread posted by Andy. Iti si on the other side thatn I am used to, but it is what it is.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=ST&f=2&t=21445

no sir. it goes vertically on the opposite side of the filler neck.
Dr Evil
Why do you want to find and change it? Your year may not have one confused24.gif It would have been that thing with the intimate parts on the inside. I am not sure where the hose to it is supposed to go. I am sure there is a picture some where.
mattillac
i was just curious. never saw it for all the times i've had my head burried in the hell hole. just wondering where i could find it. i didn't consider the fact that my car may not even have one.
Dr Evil
oh, good luck on your hunt. While your at it, try to find the radiator rolleyes.gif
mattillac
thanks <_<
SirAndy
not all oil-fillers are created equal!

the ones where the port goes directly into the filler-neck don't have a PCV.
the ones where the port goes into the bottom square part of the filler either have a PCV inside the square part or (on early cars) just have a hollow space with some baffles inside to trap the oil ...

cool.gif Andy
mattillac
so is the filler neck the only place where the pcv valve would be located on a 914?
Dr Evil
Ya know I'm only messin with ya.
mattillac
wacko.gif i give up. my pcv valve can go 2 hell :finger2: hahahahahaha!
MarkV
75 & 76 smog motors don't have a PCV valve. The oil filler is different, there is a baffle instead of a hole for a PCV valve.
mattillac
QUOTE(MarkV @ Dec 3 2004, 11:09 PM)
75 & 76 smog motors don't have a PCV valve. The oil filler is different, there is a baffle instead of a hole for a PCV valve.

thanks! you da man! rocking nana.gif
Aaron Cox
im still lookin for my radiator...you find yours? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.