Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCA Escape to L.A. 2013
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VegasRacer
I know most of us do not go for the fancy PCA wine and cheese events, even though our beloved 914's are starting to get a lot more respect in those circles these days. I do know I had a fantastic time at 2 recent PCA events - Rennsport Reunion and Code of the Curve. I am not ready to attend a Parade yet, but I am planning on going to the Escape event in SoCal in October.
Anybody else thinking about attending? Anybody ever been to one? Any advice? Warnings?
Mike Bellis
Yea, I'm thinking about it. Just looked and the hotel will run me ~$750.00 for the 5 days... dry.gif

Not sure yet. Have to talk the wife into it...
Maltese Falcon
John, L.A. Is a fun town and the tour will not disappoint !
Have someone call our new Mayor Eric Garcetti and dispatch the pothole crews to Mulholland Drive. The last Mayor couldn't get it done in 2 terms. Most of that scenic road is 25 mph, otherwise any spirited driving may require AAA on speed dial. When in L.A. , like any other big city, stay in big groups, have your Lojak tuned up and park smart! There are dozens of excellent independent Porsche tuner/repair shops in SoCal, so anyone that needs service can rest easy.
Ill be headed to the LV soon, L.A. drivers tend to make me take vacations driving.gif
Marty
914_teener
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Jul 13 2013, 07:20 AM) *

John, L.A. Is a fun town and the tour will not disappoint !
Have someone call our new Mayor Eric Garcetti and dispatch the pothole crews to Mulholland Drive. The last Mayor couldn't get it done in 2 terms. Most of that scenic road is 25 mph, otherwise any spirited driving may require AAA on speed dial. When in L.A. , like any other big city, stay in big groups, have your Lojak tuned up and park smart! There are dozens of excellent independent Porsche tuner/repair shops in SoCal, so anyone that needs service can rest easy.
Ill be headed to the LV soon, L.A. drivers tend to make me take vacations driving.gif
Marty

These are some of the best twisties in So Cal. I would go but paying 750 for drives less than 20 minutes from where I live ....not too interested unless I can just tag along.
jim_hoyland
Interesting..is there a link for the event smile.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 13 2013, 08:30 AM) *

http://escape2013.pca.org/
VegasRacer
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 13 2013, 08:30 AM) *

http://escape2013.pca.org/
Elliot Cannon
I'm no longer a PCA member. cheer.gif Because I don't have a real Porsche. av-943.gif
ConeDodger
I'd love to go. But I don't think I will have a running car quite that soon. McMark is good, but I don't think the 3.2 conversion will be quite done. sad.gif
Mike Bellis
I pulled the trigger. I'm going! piratenanner.gif

So far it's me and Pete Stout with 914's on the registration list.

driving.gif
Mike Bellis
I got hold of Pete Stout. Looks like I'm the only 914 going so far. His 914 is inop due to a motor swap. hissyfit.gif

At least I'll have the fastest 914 going... driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.