Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What 914 driving game is this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bondo
914 game screenshot
VegasRacer
Bable fish says:

Information about file Racer machine 1973 Porsche 914-6
Description: Author: Justin Martin Are version Racer: 0.5.0 beta 6/7 installation: unpack into the directory of game. It is more than &.tsuot;zlaya&.tsuot; version Porsche 914. Machine is differed from base model not only in terms of the tuning by chassis, but also in terms of wheel disks, because of which it appears more aggressive
skline
As soon as my wife gets up, I will have her translate it complete. In the mean time, I downloaded it to check it out.
skline
OK, It's for a game like Need For Speed called Racer. It is available free Here

There is a download add on for the 916 and 914 and 914-6 available Here

Check it out. I will get the translation later if you still need it.
Gustl
QUOTE(skline @ Dec 4 2004, 02:31 PM)
There is a download add on for the 916 and 914 and 914-6 available Here

wow ohmy.gif the cars look much better than all the 914-variations I've seen for the Need4Speed Porsche edition
tracks914
Has anyone downloaded and tried the game?
ws91420
Downloaded the game. Looks good. Cant figure out how to use other cars.
Gustl
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Dec 4 2004, 05:41 PM)
Cant figure out how to use other cars.

didn't you read the info ... laugh.gif

it says something like save the original car.ini, the copy the new (from the downloaded car) in the same place ...
I didn't try it, but it sounds very similar to the usage of additional cars at Need4Speed

Gustl
Aaron Cox
that car turns like crap!
ws91420
Got it to work. blue 916 has TX plate IH8COPS
bryanthompson
Sweet they have it for Apple too! I'm gonna give it a try aktion035.gif
mharrison
Has anybody played NASCAR HEAT with the 914 patch? It's pretty cool. This reminded me of it.
airsix
Finally! It's about time someone made a racing sim that included a... Skoda. blink.gif

j.k. - looks interesting. I think I'll give it a try.

-Ben M.
Aaron Cox
ive been playing..cant figure out how to change cars
airsix
YEEEE--HA! I'm doing donuts in a 916. aktion035.gif

-Ben M.
Howard
Haven't gotten the hang of driving it well, but it is cool. If you go in and edit the car data file with paint or such, you can fill color to match your car. Here's Suzi
airsix
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Dec 5 2004, 10:25 PM)
ive been playing..cant figure out how to change cars

Only comes with the Renault. You have to use the links above to download other cars. When you download a zip file of car data it should contain a "readme.txt" file with instructions. Basically go to your install directory (default was C:\SIMS\Racer) then go down to ..\data\cars, create a directory for your new car and then dump the files in this new directory. Restart the game and your new car should be on the menu.

I played it for about 10 minutes. A.D.D. Kicked in. I'm done. NEXT!

-Ben M.
Aaron Cox
GOT IT TO WORK..used the 916 car... man

throttle is way sketchy in the 916.... best ime i did was a 1:18 lap.

beat that
ruddyboys
How the hell do you shift. I am using the keyboard and have it redlined and can only go 40mph.
Aaron Cox
A upshift
Z down shift

if you stall put it in neutral..and S restarts the engine
type47fan
Aaron! ohmy.gif Didn't you tell EVERYONE that you had a s**t load of studying to do this week idea.gif ? Where's your self control happy11.gif ? Get back to the books, mister slap.gif .
3d914
You guys need to try SportsCar GT. It has numerous 914/6's available, and lots of tracks (for PC). I think it cost me all of $15. Plus you get network support for multi-player mode. Too Cool!

PS: And you don't have to speak Russian.

Enjoy!
dlo914
mad.gif sad.gif i can't seem to find the correct Download link. All come up with some type off error.
Rhodes71/914
I used skline's links, 4th post down on the frist page.
Just downloaded it this morning. Can't wait to get home and try it out.
dlo914
ive tried all the links on that site and it wont let me install the proggie.... ohmy.gif
Rhodes71/914
Anyone using a Mac with OS X to play this game and using a game pad.
I have a gravis exterminator that i used on my window laptop machine. Never tried it on my G4 mac, but there site says it is supported.

What are the keyboard controlls anyway? can't figure them out either
skline
Well, if anyone is using a PC running XP Pro and a Microsoft Force Feedback wheel, let me know how to shift gears. I cant get out of 1st and it only runs to redline at about 30. It aint no fun
Aaron Cox
hahah.... i dl'd nurburgring and lemans....along with other cars
bryanthompson
I couldn't get all of the cars to work... in the 916, I get into neutral and I can rev the engine, but as soon as I get into first I can't go... then when I let off of the accel, it goes a little and stops. real strange, it's like I'm killin' it or something...
Rhodes71/914
Can't get my controller to work, any mac guys using joystick?
Aaron Cox
everyone gave up on this game?

heres my 916 at laguna seca IPB Image (WCC style)
skline
Show off!! Come set mine up so I can play it too. I dont have time to screw with it to make it work.
Rhodes71/914
Game looked cool but couldn't get my controller to work with it, To much time, got frustrated. But now I have to find something else, everytime I turn on the computer my son says "play race cars dad" how can I refuse that? Oh yea and he could watch the Speed channel all day long if we let him., and he's only 3!
Aaron Cox
i use the keyboard just fine...

arrows....

A = shift up
Z = shift down

if you stall
S= start engine

p= pause
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.