Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Large opening 914-6 GT engine lid
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
watsonrx13
Available for sale: Large opening GT engine lid.

Authentic replica of period 914-6 GT engine lid. New grill material hand-formed to maximum opening of engine lid. Center brace removed and lid shaped to lay flat when closed. New rubber bumpers installed. Mounting brackets slotted for ease of installation and removal. Color is semi-gloss black. Original lid has been sand-blasted, primered and painted.

The lid is $450, including shipping to CONUS only. I accept cash or cashier checks. Please respond either via this post or PM.

--- Rob

Mounted on car, open position

Click to view attachment

Mounted on car, closed position

Click to view attachment

Closed, view of engine thru lid

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Engine lid assembled

Click to view attachment

Engine lid before assembly

Click to view attachment
watsonrx13
Bump..
Oxen914
Rob,

It looks great! I have a Subie engine in my 914 and my engine lid doesn't have the center piece to latch the lid down. It looks like yours sits flat on its own with out the latch. Is this correct? My lid is currently held shut with some velcro (temporary fix). Thanks!
watsonrx13
QUOTE(Oxen914 @ Apr 20 2014, 07:35 AM) *

Rob,

It looks great! I have a Subie engine in my 914 and my engine lid doesn't have the center piece to latch the lid down. It looks like yours sits flat on its own with out the latch. Is this correct? My lid is currently held shut with some velcro (temporary fix). Thanks!

Is this correct? No, all of mine have the center piece to latch the lid down. I've installed one of the torsion bars to assist opening the lid and that's why the latch is still needed.

Thanks for the compliment.

--- Rob
Qarl
What are we discussing about the "Center piece". I don't quite follow.

Is the "Center piece" on the screen itself?

Or are we talking about the little piece of 90-degree metal rod that actually latches into the engine lid latch.

Rob, did you fold the screen over on itself in the middle? Or is it just 2 separate pieces overlapping?

watsonrx13
Rob, did you fold the screen over on itself in the middle? Or is it just 2 separate pieces overlapping?

It's 2 separate pieces overlapping.

--- Rob
r_towle
hard for me to see.
Does the mesh fold over the edge of the lid frame?

What is the original look with regards to that detail?

rich
watsonrx13
Thanks Karl for the link...

--- Rob
Qarl
Rob does a good job at replicating the original.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.