Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 electrical for Dummies
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
Just incase you haven't seen my post on this in the resource section, I have been diagramming the sub systems of the 914 little by little. So for I have the dreaded, "WTF, my fuel pump stoped working, fuse blew!" circuit, and the headlight motor and lighting circuit.
See them here;
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...t=0#entry275027

Now, lavish me with praise idea.gif ( I even did some under the influence, those are the ones that will be found to be wrong, if any, later) smilie_pokal.gif
aylanco
Good looking diagrams Dr Evil!

Joe Leoni has put together a complete book of diagrams like this for each 356 model, and they are invaluable. It comes in a nicely done 3 ring bider and each page is laminated so it can be removed and taken out "into the field" without worrying about smudges or tearing.

I know this may be getting way ahead of the program, but do you have any intentions about doing something like the 356 books?? pray.gif
skline
Being the entrepreneur Mike is, I would bet you just gave him some ideas. I can see it now...........

For $79.95 you too could own an invaluable tool for working on the electrical on your own 914. Buy it now! Quantities are limited, if you buy now, you will get a free..........
Dr Evil
I sure have thought about a book. $79.95 is a lot though (?). After the 16th of Dec I will likely start to get organized on this. If I do a book they willbe even better drawings with indepth descriptions (in plain english) of systems, and common faults. Kinda like a flow chart set if; if x then y. If anyone is interested I will be glad to start a list of people if they PM me. It would be nice to know how many to make right away. Y'all know that I will do my best to keep my prices low. I imagine somewhere around $45-40 confused24.gif Does that sound right? It depends on how much it costs to laminate each page, ink, blah, blah.
Carlitos Way
Since we all have computers... why not just sell a PDF of your diagrams and let us all print them on our own? Less hassle/headache for you... and more personalized for us?

My $0.02

Carlos
Dr Evil
Carlos,
I was thinking the same thing. I remember my girlfriend bought an E-book on ebay for like $10. Sure cuts down on production cost. I would likely offer both, or maybe even a disk.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.