Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Emergency brake warning light keeps flashing and fuse #9
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Geezer914
headbang.gif The emergency brake light warning light keeps flashing even when the wire to the switch is removed. Also fuse #9 (7.5 amp) keeps blowing. Any ideas where to start to track down the electrical gremlin??? Thanks
Eric_Shea
Remove your seat and follow the lead back to the harness. Did you tape it off when you disconnected it? It may be pinched in the seat rail. 80% chance it's in an area from the switch to the harness in the tunnel.
Eric_Shea
Also... Find out what else is sharing that fuse. Something may have grounded and melted the wires causing the HB light to be grounded and on all the time.. So, after chasing the lead under the seat I'd pull the gauge and follow that wire.
Dave_Darling
Which wire to which switch was removed?

There are two switches that blink the light, one on the master cylinder and one on the button under the brake handle.

--DD
Eric_Shea
Good point. Forgot about the MC switch.

Turn the wheel to the right and see if you can reach in and reset the switch. Last one I did that on was Gints 911. Don't do that until you've verified that the MC isn't leaking though. Still doesn't explain the fuse blowing though.
Geezer914
It was the brakelight switch on the master cylinder. I replaced the rear calipers the other day and bled the system, so it must have tripped the switch. I did not know the brake pressure switch had a reset button. It was a quick easy fix. Thanks for the help. driving.gif
Eric_Shea
That would do it. Any time you lose pressure in the system that trips. Good to know it's working properly.

Thanks Dave... don't know why I spaced on that one.

But what about the fuse?
flipb
I've had the dreaded flashing brake warning light for months now. I finally got under the car, reset the switch on the MC, removed/reattached the lead on the MC, and I still have the flashing brake warning.

I've confirmed that the parking brake is properly aligned to press the button when the brake is released.

So now I'm wondering if either the MC sensor or the parking brake switch is malfunctioning. Is there any way to isolate one or the other so I can figure out what's causing the flashing brake warning?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.