Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SCCA on speed today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
title says it. wink.gif
groot
The A-sedan race is on at 2pm today, too. It's a good one... at least it was watching from the hilltop just before madness.

I only stuck around M-O for the beginning of the EP race, so I'll have to watch that, no question.
Brett W
Kevin and Eric,

Looks like we really have our work cut out for us. That was a tough field today.
groot
No question. But, I'll say this, the racing was clean, unlike A-sedan.
Thorshammer
The Miata is still fast a stink, as is the RX7, does it make you wonder why the company that supports SCCA so well (MAZDA) has cars that by the rules are the fastest,

It should'nt !

Did you see Limberts 914-6, I caught him in a couple shots very briefly. he ran a high 1:37, not bad, but the leaders were running 35's. It will be tough, but with the caterhams going to F prod next year, it should lessen the field in my area. BTW are either one of you making the trip south this spring for any racing? I am planning to go to VIR in March for a regional race. Any interest, Kevin, hows the car coming?????

Erik
groot
It's been said before, they should call it M-production.

I did see Limbert's car, I watched the start of the EP race, when I was buying some take-offs. Looked pretty sweet.

Jake and I are planning on bringing the package together at the end of Mar. So, VIR is out for me. I'm hoping to make the late April Gingerman National.... I don't expect to do well there, since I've never run GMan.

I do hope to get east of M-O at some point this season, so we'll have to coordinate.

I've going to stay on medium-sized tracks this year because that's what I've got it geared for.
ChrisFoley
Limbert ran a consistent race and moved up well, mostly due to attrition. It's hard to judge the potential of the -6 in E Prod based on his performance. He may have a well built engine and a good car (??), but he isn't a particularly fast driver IMO.
Based on qualifying times if I was in EP I would have been second from last on the grid. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.