Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear window defroster
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Teknon
My back window was flapping around, so I picked up another window with a defoster in it. Does anyone have a harness or a schematic for it's install.

Joe boldblue.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Teknon @ Dec 4 2004, 08:40 AM)
My back window was flapping around, so I picked up another window with a defoster in it. Does anyone have a harness or a schematic for it's install.

no harness, but the install is easy.

you'll need:

- one round black relay just like the others on your relay board.
- a few feet of wires. the original wires are "Yellow/Red" and "Green".

when looking at your relay board,

- the relay goes into the socket closest to the front of the car.
- the 2 wires are connected to a 2-prong connector just in front of the 2 fuses.
the yellow/red wire goes onto the left prong, the green wire goes onto the right prong.

if you have a haynes manual (which you should!) go to page 147 for a schematic of the relay board. the defrogger wireing is the same through all the years.
in the haynes manual, the defrogger relay is #52, the wire connector is just in front of that.

i doesn't look like the main harness of our cars has a wire for the dash switch build in, so you would have to figure out how the switch was included in that circuit.

cool.gif Andy
Teknon
boldblue.gif "OUTASIGHT" Explained so that even a fool can't err. Thank you so much. Joe
Teknon
boldblue.gif I'll just run it to a glow rocker. This is no concourse.
TheCabinetmaker
There is already a hole for it in your dash. It's to the left of the cigarette lighter behind the vinyl.
TheCabinetmaker
BTW, make sure the wires on the glass work before you go to all that trouble.
Teknon
Looks like relay point 87A goes to switch then to ground..????????????
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.