Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.8 w/D-jet...still considered "stock" for auto-x?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
since the 1.7 and 1.8 are both in A, Ai and Ap
should I be okay with running my 1.8 with the "incorrect" D-jet instead of L-Jet??

not that I'll be that competitve, but just in case smile.gif
Demick
You should be fine. Don't bump yourself into race car classes just because you are running d-jet on your l-jet motor. You have gained no performance advantage, and like you pointed out, both d-jet and l-jet 914's (1.7 and 1.8) are classified the same.

Of course, if there is someone in your class who you are beating, they could protest it and you would probably lose. But it is very doubtful that would happen.

Demick
Dave_Darling
Someone, in the past, did just that. I recall talking with Mike Lommatzch about the classification system one time. He mentioned that someone showed up (in his class, I think) with D-jet on a 1.8, and that it ran in the stock class as a "reliability improvement". (Ummm, OK....) I personally feel that the air flow meter is enough restriction that D-jet would offer slightly better performance, but I also feel that it would be "down in the noise".

Run it, and if nobody bitches, you're fine!

--DD
Britain Smith
I will bitch if you start beating me...lol! Just joking. It would be great to just see you out there. I might even have my 912 done to play with.

-Britain
nebreitling
i think that the general rules and principles allowing updating/backdating will mean that you're okay.

unless you beat me <_<
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.