Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Front main crank bolt
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ThePaintedMan
I need a crank bolt for my 1.8 spare engine. I really screwed this one up by using it as a fulcrum when trying to pull the impeller hub off. headbang.gif

Part number from the PET: "N 014 326 1" or page 58 here: http://www.porsche.com/all/media/pdf/origi...914_KATALOG.pdf

They are NLA from suppliers. Thank you!
bdstone914
I have them if you do not find one closer. You might call your local VW or Porsche dealer and see what it costs. Many common bolts are only a couple of $$.

You do not need to pry on the hub. One hit with a hammer usually get it off. It is on a cone shaped nose so it only needs to be broken loose.

Bruce
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jul 16 2013, 10:08 PM) *

I have them if you do not find one closer. You might call your local VW or Porsche dealer and see what it costs. Many common bolts are only a couple of $$.

You do not need to pry on the hub. One hit with a hammer usually get it off. It is on a cone shaped nose so it only needs to be broken loose.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce,
Mblizzard has one and is sending me one when he can. Thanks for the tip on the hub. Hammering on the end of the crank is okay... I mean the shock won't hurt anything?
bdstone914
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Jul 16 2013, 09:29 PM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jul 16 2013, 10:08 PM) *

Bruce

Thanks Bruce,
Mblizzard has one and is sending me one when he can. Thanks for the tip on the hub. Hammering on the end of the crank is okay... I mean the shock won't hurt anything?

You are directing the force away from the crank. I was showed the trick by a very experienced engine builder. One pop and it was off.
Use a long blunt punch. Do not hit directly on the hub with a hammer.
A&PGirl
I have them brand new.

I'm in the process of updating the website, but you can always drop me a line with your hardware inquires on individual pieces or for different Porsche's.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.