Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Diamond Racing Wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
I 've been talking with Diamond Racing Wheels about getting a few sets from them.

They've been very patient with my questions and I wanted to find out if anyone is using them.....I like the price!

My new car will have 16x10's all around under a Roger Sheridan kit. I have one set of HRE mesh wheels that came with the car, but I need more sets. On my old car, I had 4 sets of cookies I bought for $50 each or traded for, so I could have 2 sets for the track and 2 sets for auto-x. Right now the Diamond Avenger series is 2 lbs per wheel heavier than my 3 pc HRE's, significant....but for the price....liveable.

Anyone have experience with these wheels?

As a datapoint, the HRE, BBS equivalent is ~$800 per rim....Kodiak is $405 each...

I'm running out of money and trying to get the car brought in under my budget.

Thanks,

Bill P.
Mueller
Brett W. was running these.....

a few things to consider unless they've changed things:

not hubcentric, and special lug nuts are needed with those...neither issue is the end of the world, just something to think about
nine14cats
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply. As it turns out, not all Diamond Racing Wheels are hubcentric. I talked with them and the 16x10 Avenger wheels in a 1x130 bolt pattern will take standard lugs and the standard 60 degree lug bolt taper.

8 rims or less = $149 each. If I get 12 they will make them for me in 1 week for $132 each. Not bad.

I've got all kinds of decisions to make on parts (wheels, tires, spring rates, seats, belts).

wacko.gif

Bill P.
Brett W
I ran them for two years and never had any problems. My 15x8s are lug centric. I used stock lug bolts and alloy lug nuts without any problems. I even had them balance using the main center hole, which is a big no-no according to the manufacture. Never had an out of balance issue.

Just heard that they are charging a surcharge for high steel prices that could double the price of the wheels.
nine14cats
Thanks for the info Brett.

They (Diamond) did talk about the surcharge. Currently their std price is $120 each for rims I'm looking at. The surcharge for up to 8 rims was $29 each rim and dropped to $12 each rim for purchases of over 10 rims. I'm thinking of springing for at least 8 but may do 12....

The price is really attractive.

Thanks. I'm glad someone has had success with their rims.

Bill P.
Brett W
I just remembered a friend of mine bought a set to use for his rain tires on the GTU RX7. He has also been very happy with them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.