Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tampa Bay breakfast
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
watsonrx13
Well, it was a great turn out for the first Tampa Bay 914 breakfast. We had 14 people, include spouses and children. There were (5) 914s. Here's the cars:

left-to-right

'74 LE - Ray Oakes (Bowlsby e-mail me for the VIN)
'73 Sahara Beige - Steve Gaglione (22,000 miles)
'74 Orange - Joe Courey (22,000 mi)
'73 White - Jeff and Robin Pelszynski - daily driver
'73 Red - Roy Galan - true daily driver

I want to thank everyone for attending, the cars were fantastic, the food and conversations were great. Hope to do more next year.
watsonrx13
Here's Steve's car.
watsonrx13
Here's Ray's car.
watsonrx13
Heres Joe's car.
watsonrx13
Here's Jeff's car.
watsonrx13
Here's Roy's car.
watsonrx13
Finally, here's everyone enjoying their breakfast at Cracker Barrel.

Attendees:

Rob & Robin Watson - Plant City
Jeff & Robyn - Spring Hill
Ray & Trina Oakes - Thonotosassa
Steve Gaglione - Tampa
Joe Courey - Tampa
Paul Woodbury - Tampa
Roy Galan - Citrus Park
Jim & Stacey Boogs - Ft. Myers
Rob Quarles - Clearwater

From the back-to-front, left side:

Jeff
Robyn
Rob W
Rob Q
Stacie

From back-to-front, right side:

Ray
Steve
Joe
Paul
Roy
Jim

Again, thanks to everyone.

Hey Jim, we're going to have to get you a car. BTW, Jim and Stacey came from Ft. Myers, a 2 hr drive, with their 2 1/2 yr old son, and their 3-week old daughter. Now that's enthusiasm. biggrin.gif
URY914
WOW! #1
URY914
WOW! #2
URY914
WOW! #3
URY914
WOW! #4
BiG bOgGs
Rob, thanks for posting the pics so quickly! And I am sure that everyone is thankful that you only got the back of my head in the shot. biggrin.gif

My Army team is getting spanked by Navy right now, so those pictures are a much need change of scenery. sad.gif

Stacey and Roy had a good time, and as far as we can tell Raamah had fun too. smile.gif

Take care ya'll and I'll be getting in contact with you as soon as my budget is set. mueba.gif
URY914
WOW! #5
URY914
WOW! #6
URY914
Last WOW!,

Talk about original...
Joe Ricard
That car is NICE! can't say as I have ever see one this clean that is original.
watsonrx13
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Dec 4 2004, 05:24 PM)
That car is NICE!  can't say as I have ever see one this clean that is original.

That is a one-of-a-kind 914, custom paint order from factory.

Notice the patina on the bolt? (Yea, I said patina, hehehehe, I learned a new word today.).... biggrin.gif
newdeal2
I can't beleive I missed it! I totally forgot! That's OK...I am busting butt today trying to get mine running.

Not sure what's wrong mad.gif

Peter
74 2 Liter
URY914
I was looking for you Peter. Sorry you missed it.

Paul
smg914
I just got home about a half hour ago from the funeral and get together back at the familys house. I went directly from the 914 breakfast to the funeral. It has been a very long day. I actually sang a song along with my acoustic guitar and harmonica that I wrote for my friend durning the viewing. I was asked by the wife of my friend that passed to play and sing a song. Quite an emotional day.

Having said all that, I just wanted to say what a great time I had meeting everyone this morning at the 914 breakfast. What a great bunch of people. I look forward to the next one. Also thanks to all that drove their 914's to the event. If anything, I think it encouraged everyone to get their 914 running in time for the next breakfast. I will post some pictures but currently all my camera batteries are being charged.
JeffBowlsby
Looks like you all had a great time... biggrin.gif

The Florida chapter of the 914 CLub has some of the best 914s anywhere!

So be planning the next years gatherings already.... cool.gif
carr914
Just got back from Palm Beach and sorry I missed you guys. Looks like you had fun. Well I hope that next time we will have at least one more car out there - MINE.
Steve, sorry to here about your friend.
T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.