Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cross two more off the list.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Deano
Found these two while on a parts search this morning. Both waaaaay beyond salvaging. One of them had about two inches of moss growing on the floor, and a tree starting to push up through the passenger floor. Vin #s 4742903374 and 4732917552
Deano
Pic #2
SirAndy
thanks for posting, i'll add them to the "RIP" list ...

sad.gif Andy
914werke
unsure.gif Hmmm they didnt look to bad?
Rusty
Deano,

Is that at Services Diversified in Zearing?

-Lawrence
Deano
No, it's some guy named Randy Cimonini(sp?) Just off of 235 on 8th St. in WDM. He's got 4 or 5 911s and a 912 and these 914s. Mostly parts cars that are pretty picked over.
Rusty
QUOTE(Deano @ Dec 4 2004, 09:43 PM)
No, it's some guy named Randy Cimonini(sp?) Just off of 235 on 8th St. in WDM. He's got 4 or 5 911s and a 912 and these 914s. Mostly parts cars that are pretty picked over.

In pretentious West Des Moines? I'm amazed they don't have an ordinance against non-op cars.

Have you been up to Zearing at all. Ron Blattel (a 60's hippy throwback, but a air-cooled guru) runs SD up there. He spends part of his time there, and part of it in Colorado. The business has been for sale for years, and he's dragged lots of his good stuff out west. However, there are some diamonds in the rough.

He's got a 75 2.0 up there... hit in the ass end, and the drivetrain was pulled for one of his VW projects. He refuses to part it out, thinking that someone is going to buy it to restore.

But he does have a lot of cars... including a bunch of VWs, several 914s and one old beat up Mercedes (1930s? 1940s?) up there. I've been eyeing the Mercedes for years... with it's original leather interior, polished wood door panels and dash.

-Lawrence
Deano
Lawrence
No, I haven't been up there. I've been aware of him for several years, he runs a car or two in the paper every couple years.
I get up that way on business evry now and then, I'll have to check him out.

Sooo, feeling any better today? cool.gif
Rusty
QUOTE(Deano @ Dec 5 2004, 11:09 AM)
Lawrence
No, I haven't been up there. I've been aware of him for several years, he runs a car or two in the paper every couple years.
I get up that way on business evry now and then, I'll have to check him out.

Sooo, feeling any better today? cool.gif

Ron... enjoys all the natural chemicals that nature has to offer him. He's very casual and pleasant, but also shrewd... and knows the value of every part he has.

Yesterday I had mandatory fun... a formal holiday reception where attendance was not optional.

The rest of the day I just studied, and did weekly fishtank maintenance.

-Lawrence
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.