Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shipping/packaging
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
watsonrx13
I will need to ship a rear fender w/sail panel from FL to IL.

What is the recommended packaging?
I've considered going to a glass shop and getting their old carboard packages and cutting down to size. I was going to tape appropriately.
Should I use peanuts or bubble-wrap?
Should I support the the inside with some kind of 1"x1" wood?

I'm planning to ship via UPS and will check with them with the final size and weight.

What is the usual charge for handling/packing for something this large?
spare time toys
I have a fender for the 928 boxed up it is 72 x 36 x18 in the box NO go at FedEx or UPS its gotta go Greyhound. $50 from Dallas to Neh Hampshire with insurance wink.gif
watsonrx13
QUOTE(spare time toys @ Dec 4 2004, 08:16 PM)
I have a fender for the 928 boxed up it is 72 x 36 x18 in the box NO go at FedEx or UPS its gotta go Greyhound. $50 from Dallas to Neh Hampshire with insurance wink.gif

How did you box it or did you take it to UPS/Fedex?

Any pics of the packaging?
spare time toys
I got boxes from work. lucky for me 737s have some big parts. I cut to fit and measured it. I went to thier web sites to the get quote area and both told me it was out of the size restrictions. No pictures of it sorry.
JEM
Grayhound is the best way to ship big stuff.

Jerry
GWN7
$30 to send a hood from North Dakota to Georgia wrapped it in bubble wrap and taped cardboard (from big boxes) over that. It arrived fine.

Greyhound.....
Mueller
if you are worried about it getting damaged, just build a wooden frame from 1x1's and cover it with card board...I sent a few doors up to Canada that way......
914rrr
Motorcycle shops are great for really big cardboard boxes, especially Harleys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.