Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight assemblies completed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Doug Leggins
I've been working on the house remodel alot lately. But have been able to get out to the garage some evenings. Was able to get the headlights put together.

I started with 4 sets of headlights and picked the best parts from the batch to get the best set that I could.

A huge transformation from parts like in this pic. These are some of the pieces that did not make the cut.
Doug Leggins
The sandblasting and powder coating of the buckets turned out great on these parts.

Spent a lot of time cleaning up all of the little pieces. Found out that laquer thinner takes ziebart coating right off of parts.
Doug Leggins
Had 1 good set of H4 headlights. Cleaned them up and the chrome rings.
Doug Leggins
The side that will pretty much never be seen.
michel richard
Nice,

It's fun to see pieces like that come together.

Michel Richard
mattillac
looks great clap56.gif what'd you use to touch up the black plastic trim? smilie_pokal.gif
Doug Leggins
And the final pair!

It took a bunch of time wacko.gif and a few beers!
Doug Leggins
I painted the surrounds with krylon Fusion paint. This is the first time that I have used the Fusion paint - so far it looks very good.

I have also painted the fresh air box assembly with this paint. I'll post pics of it when I get it finished. I had one air box done and then broke off one of the drain legs headbang.gif So now I'm painting a second box.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.