Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Putting things together for the 914GTSTI.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914GTSTI
So I lost a sholder in November,2012. Been on the mends and now am looking forwards at finishing this unfinished build.

908-3 Sti is back in storage, to much sanding work! sad.gif (mold work!)

Will be doing a MegaSquirt for the Ign. and fuel. This is something I can do now.

Need some help with the build.
Love the look of the GT fenders. The motor should put out about 250 to 275 HP at the wheels. +- ?
So what size tires/wheels would be best?
Would like to go with the total GT/Racing look.The car in the photo is NOT my car! It is what I would like to look like!

Click to view attachment

So,thanks for the input and help! beerchug.gif
Randy
914GTSTI
I will be using alot of the systems that"PorSTi Project " used. Most of what I will be doing is just old news.

Photo of parts coming out of storage.

Click to view attachment

Also been looking into the motor bay. Thinking about something like this? The black lines will be what I think will work for me? sawzall-smiley.gif Like to end tubes at mounts. Will see if it will work and I have one less tube. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
You could do without the diagonal brace all together. I don't think there is that much twist between the shock tower and the tranny mount.
914GTSTI
Thanks,Mike.
Been thinking about removing the (rear) trunk floor ? Something like this? And was thinking with that removed the crose bar would take up the slack?

Click to view attachment
914GTSTI
First of the MagaSquirt parts are here! rolleyes.gif Now I just need to learn to put it together. sad.gif

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.