Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS Porsche 915 transmission 914-6 GT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
dilde
We have obtained a large parts lot from Topper Chasse's personal collection. This 915 gearbox has been flipped for a 914-6 GT car. This is not a recent mod. This tranny has been shelved for many, many years. Transmission is in the Los Angeles area. We have not opened the case but it does turn and looks as if it was ready to race years ago.

$5000
sixnotfour
I am thinking that is a Jaide Car conversion ??
Jeff Hail
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 22 2013, 07:15 PM) *

I am thinking that is a Jaide Car conversion ??

Doubt it. The tail cover looks like an original 916 less machined pump ports. The 915 casting number on the cover substanciates that. The "MB" under the 915 makes me believe the end cover is real 16. The angle of the switch port on the left side is also correct.

There were some swiss copies put out later that were very close with subtle differences but the castings were very smooth unlike this one. The swiss copies had a raised cast horseshoe just above the speedo drive boss.

The gear housing looks like a run of the mill 915/60,61 and the shifter parts and console look custom and not the usual suspects.

I think this a good deal on a race box if you ask me.
Norskpole
PM sent
dilde
SOLD

Thanks, John. A pleasure.

Thanks for the knowledge, Jeff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.