Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 auction
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kfish914
Does anyone know how much the 914-6 sold for at the estate sale?

I dropped out at 27,000 and they were at 31,000 before I could get off the phone.
lostreasure
which sale was that?
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(kfish914 @ Jul 21 2013, 12:02 AM) *

Does anyone know how much the 914-6 sold for at the estate sale?

I dropped out at 27,000 and they were at 31,000 before I could get off the phone.

Did you look at the car before bidding?
Doublebo7
Here is the link to yesterday's estate auction. Photos are available in this site. A mint yellow 914/6

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/auctionv...cgi?lid=1818826
kfish914
Only on my phone right now. I can get pictures off my computer when get back home from a Jimmy Buffet concert in Detroit.
you might be able to still see it from the web site. Auctionzip.com choose Indiana it was the Knight auction in Hamlet IN. He was a member here I think user name was jmknight.
sixnotfour
Here is when Mr Knight RIP 9/12, first purchased the 914-6,

In 2008 or 2007 I heard that a good friend of mine was disillusioned with his 914-6. He had owned the 6 for decades, and threated it like a newborn baby and I drooled over it, watching it like a hawk for over 20 years, waiting for my chance. Finally it came. Hearing through friends that he was tired of the 6 , I posed the question. He said yes, that it wasn't running as well as it used to that the rear right disk was getting hot, that he just had it worked on and it ran like crap. Spent 7k and all. Unfortunately his biggest mistake was to take it to a friend of his who specialized in GM products for some work on the brakes?!?!? not his usual Porsche mechanic. This shadetree mechanic failed to adjust the rear calpiers properly and so the hand brake bound. I kept my mouth shut. He wanted 14k for the 6, but took 12 and a couple guitars that I had. I fixed the problem quickly, ( after making it look quite serious) and now it is fine, bye1.gif sorry

Here is his pic;
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;#entry1583074
gms
I looked this car over on Friday, it was far from mint.
Lots of fiberglass patches and bad door gap on the passenger side.
I don't think they pulled the motor before they painted it.
Just be glad you didn't win at anything over $20K!
Click to view attachment
GeorgeRud
Does anyone know what the winning bid was?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Jul 22 2013, 12:46 PM) *

Does anyone know what the winning bid was?

From my friend that bought the other 914 there (73 1.7) the /6 went for $28K.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.