Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 things decelleration valve and relay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DJsRepS
Ive had fuel pump relay troubles Uno swapped for headlamp relay, cleaned the points in them etc... Last night went to start it and no 1.5sec pump sound. This morn pulled relay found pit in contact point like bad ign points. I filed it and put it back for now works great.
????Here is the question does the Red cap fuel relay have an higher amp rateing on its contacts? Whats different? Im using the black cap one people say there the same thing is this true?
????Or is my fuel pump over amping. Ive had it apart for a leak and it has alot of wear on the armature. It still hit's 70psi if you block the return line and maintains 32psi all rpm ranges.
Now for the deceleration valve. Mine is off. I don't know the exact reason for the valve but I got to thinking the way it is piped on mine it was like a T fitting from the intake to it and the MPS sensor.
????Here is the question or thought. When your running at hi rpm and have to stop the throdle bodie shuts intake vacuume at its highest and without my valve in use could this dammage the MPS where as with the valve Teed into it it would decrease the vaccume pressure on the MPS making it last longer.
???? That was my theroy now what is the deceleration valve for. Sorry bout the long post!!
Bruce Allert
In reply to your 2nd question, I've run both the 1.7 an 2.0 without the decel. I'm relatively certain that running w/o doesn't cause harm. I'd received answers to my questions telling me it wasn't necessary. Instead of a quick deceleration when taking your foot off the gas and possibly causing a stall situation it would allow the deceleration to be more suttle.... (I think) idea.gif

....b
Mueller
i think the decel valve is for emissions, the injectors still squirt fuel when coasting, the decel allows extra air into the mix so the you get a cleaner burn
TheCabinetmaker
Bruce said it right. Can't help ya on the red relay.
SirAndy
red relay and black relay are the same!
my car had red ones for the headlight motors and black ones on the relay board.
you can switch them around as you like ...

the decel valve smoothes your engine RPM on decel (when you let off the gas).
it in effect gives you the feeling of a heavier flywheel.
if you disconnect the decel valve, your RPM will dropp faster when you get off the gas, thus giving you the feeling of a lighter flywheel.
that's all, no other implications.

i took it off my 1.8 and drove it for years without any negative effects.
in fact, i liked the more responsive part off it very much.

wink.gif Andy
mattillac
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 5 2004, 11:21 AM)
red relay and black relay are the same!
my car had red ones for the headlight motors and black ones on the relay board.
you can switch them around as you like ...

the decel valve smoothes your engine RPM on decel (when you let off the gas).
it in effect gives you the feeling of a heavier flywheel.
if you disconnect the decel valve, your RPM will dropp faster when you get off the gas, thus giving you the feeling of a lighter flywheel.
that's all, no other implications.

i took it off my 1.8 and drove it for years without any negative effects.
in fact, i liked the more responsive part off it very much.

wink.gif Andy

when you removed the valve, did you just plug the places that the hoses used to go to or what? i would like to try it out. biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(mattillac @ Dec 5 2004, 11:52 AM)
when you removed the valve, did you just plug the places that the hoses used to go to or what? i would like to try it out. biggrin.gif

yes, i left the hoses attached on the other end and just capped them off and tucked them away ...

cool.gif Andy
DJsRepS
Ive got at least 3 pluggs on my intake. No deceleration valve, no AAR valve Aux air reg, and intake air temp sensor unplugged. Mine runs great. PVC system and head vents and of corse MPS and vac adv all hooked up.
mattillac
thanks guys! biggrin.gif i'll give that i try once i fix my heads <_<
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.