Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: anyone headed to norway in the near future?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif trying to co-ordinate a part sale and would be shipping to norway. the robot voice is useless @ fedex. shipping for a 37# box that's 29x15x8 is... drumroll...$468!!!. that can't even be close. there's a special fedex number i can't call til' the am. DHL? no number i can find.

who has shipped internationally and who did you use? much pity for our out of country brothers who can't find the stuff at home and are forced to kneel before the gods of shipping. shite!!

k
Mark Henry
Most likely the air freight price.
For us Canada Post "ground" will still cost <$100 and take 8 weeks to a place like Norway. Iv'e shipped stuff and the shipping cost as much as the part. The buyer expects this or is being educated.
It could bone your sale but in the end shipping cost is not your problem.
bdstone914
Online quote via USPS says $127.10 Expensive but way better then $400+
euro911
A few years back, I had a measly 2 lb. package going to a friend in Germany. DHL, FedEx and UPS all wanted around $70. yikes.gif ...

USPS was $12. smile.gif

It was first class or parcel post - I don't remember which ...
Maltese Falcon
USPS is your best bet.Less paper work for you and your consignee. Simple customs on their end as well, and you can mark the form "Samples" and save your client some bucks too.
Dewy Huey Louie (DHL), not the best or cheapest.
Marty
1973_1.7
USPS is usually the cheapest,quickest and easyest!
anderssj
Have recently shipped stuff to Norway and the Netherlands--in both cases USPS was by far the cheapest. Last parcel to NL made it in around 8 days . . . .

rhodyguy
USPS comes thru again. $130ish via priority. est delivery in 5-7 days. beats the hell out of $486.
euro911
Yeah buddy aktion035.gif
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 22 2013, 10:41 AM) *

USPS comes thru again. $130ish via priority. est delivery in 5-7 days. beats the hell out of $486.

Well, USPS would be the most cost effective for the consumer as its a government entity that has been loosing $$$$$ year after year. For other carriers, you are also paying for some sense of security from delivery end to end. I'm sure if ask a vendor here to charge me 1/4 of their pricing they will tell me where to go. Hey Eric, how about rebuilding my calipers for $100 / set biggrin.gif ....just kidding.
rhodyguy
thanks for the rant. dry.gif rolleyes.gif but you're right, eric charges far too much for his services. unsure.gif wacko.gif w00t.gif headbang.gif blink.gif flag.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.